Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone,
Its my first time using a forum so if I do something wrong I am sorry...
Guys I was priviledged to get a Mazda 6 recently. Its the 2003/4 version 2.3 auto.
I stay in South Africa and unfortunately this car isnt very popular here and therefore not a lot of products or advice is available for it!!
Now I might be the most unknowledgable person when it comes to cars.... so... thats where i need any of your help!!! Please...
Ok so heres a few of my predicaments....
Firstly I am a speed freak and find the car a little slow robot to robot... what would you recommend to increase the power...??? I read something about an injen intake but you dont find that here...anything similar... what about an exhaust and branch manifold?? does it yeild worth while power increases on this specific car?? or anything to help me out.... please...
Then I read something about an "airbox mod" is that a good thing and does it yield good power increase?? What is the aim of this?
I dont know if its just me but I find the car dents eaily, even when just lightly leaning on it but I guess there aint much one can do about that right?
Then I was wandering if I was to connect subwoofers to my standard car head unit will it produce good bass cause I read that it hampers the subs??? True???
Thanks everyone.
I appreciate all help given....
I am just starting to get into the whole car scene so I know very little.... anyways.... Thanks again...

Hey,
Yeah I just wanted to also ask if adding a performance suspension would help me cause, well i like to push my car to the limit right, and when I get its ass to throw itself, as it comes out I have terible wobble from side to side type of thing that happens right after(I think its body roll??)... What would help??? Stiffer suspension or other??? And can anyone tell me the biggest wheels that would fit on my car cause I have found the nicest pair of 20"s and i really want to get them Thanks!!!

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
First of all, welcome to the club. You made a wise decision on the car.

The 2.3 auto (same car I have) is the slowest Mazda6 car. It's still peppy though. If you want more power, a cold air intake will add some power to it (approx. 11-25hp according to specs). Exhaust adds some higher-end power but also takes some of the low-end power away.

The biggest wheels that will fit I think are 19s, and they may rub the rear fenders. You can have the back fenders rolled, I don't know how you would go about that in Africa though. I have MazdaSpeed wheels with 18s on them (215/4518) and there are no rubbing issues with those. You may want to make 18s the biggest you go.

Good luck and show us some pics if you can. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks...
Can you recommend a site where I can order that cold air intake? I cant believe it can be that high...
Things arent that scarce here...you get all the usual stuff.... its just that mazda 6 aftermarket parts are scarce.... so yeah.. thanks again....

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
RPM Store has it, there's also a Fujita intake group buy going on right now. Check that out in the Buy/Sell section.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
There aren't any cold air intakes that will give you 25 hp on your 2.3L. With the CPE intake you will get anywhere from 8-10 hp and thats mainly because it comes with the MAF customizer. Exhaust on the 2.3L will give you an increase of about 2 or 3 hp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts