Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my 2004 Mazda 6s about 2 months ago. I just recently changed for oil for the first time and am freaking out about the oil smell and smoke, but I'm told that it is normal from oil drippage during the process and I'll just be patient.

I am looking at upgrading my headlights, not to HID or anything like that, but to something brighter.

I already installed my sports grille, windows tinted 35% all the way around, and put in my 12" Audiobahn Subwoofer in the back.

I have been reading a lot about the CPE Mafci intake and would like to know if anyone is in or around the northern VA area. I would be willing to travel a bit to check out anyone that has done this mod.

In general, just wanted to formally introduce myself and see if anyone was close to the Northern VA area that has experience with the 6 and could advise a man on some upgrades/mods. Thanks.

·
Registered
978 Posts
welcome to the boards...sounds like you've already began looking around, so I'm sure you'll find many of the answers you will have covered already; this site and the mazda6tech site are great resources for new owners. hope you're liking your new car

post some pics! sounds like you've done a few things already too so keep it up!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I just bought my 2004 Mazda 6s about 2 months ago. I just recently changed for oil for the first time and am freaking out about the oil smell and smoke, but I'm told that it is normal from oil drippage during the process and I'll just be patient.
[/b]
I really don't think that's normal. :nono:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Welcome to the club! as far the burned smell and smoke, just how much oil was spilled during the change??? you should go in an degrease the engine (while engine is cool/warm to the touch) use a toothbrush to scrub the small areas. I clean my engine once a month, but i live in utah and we have tons of dust and salt in the air. you can get some good degreaser at Autozone or pepboys cheap, like lightning purple and Purple power.
try that and im sure it will be gone, good luck!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate the welcoming greetings, but my main point of this post was to see if anyone has a Mazda 6 in the Northern VA area anywhere between Fredericksburg and D.C. because I am looking for some advice and hopefully somone with a CPE Mafci intake so I can hear it and see how much of a difference it makes. Thanks again guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts