Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well tonight ill be trading in my 2005 dodge srt-4 for a brand new 2006 mazda6S. Now I know most of you are thinking why would I trade in my brand new dodge srt-4 for a mazda. Well you know how people say yea they srt-4 is just a neon with a turbo in it. Well they are right. The car just flat out sucked. It was cool for the first 2 months and then it just was problem after problem. The ride quality is horrible, the shifter sucked, the seats wore quickly, and it just wasnt a good car at all. But yea anyway I pick up my new ride tonight. Im pretty excited and cant wait to start modding. Im pretty fimailiar with message boards so I look forward to reading and learning about the mazda 6 and hopefully I can help some people on the way. I should have pics tonight.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Well coming from the Srt4 the Mazda6s probably feels slow. The Speed6 and new Speed3 would probably be more to what you are use too.

I for one an a fan of the Srt4. Any engine that can handle 400hp on stock internals is pretty impressive to me. I hope you enjoy the 6 more than you did the Srt4. Post some pics.

Oh and did you get the automatic or manual?

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Well tonight ill be trading in my 2005 dodge srt-4 for a brand new 2006 mazda6S. Now I know most of you are thinking why would I trade in my brand new dodge srt-4 for a mazda. Well you know how people say yea they srt-4 is just a neon with a turbo in it. Well they are right. The car just flat out sucked. It was cool for the first 2 months and then it just was problem after problem. The ride quality is horrible, the shifter sucked, the seats wore quickly, and it just wasnt a good car at all. But yea anyway I pick up my new ride tonight. Im pretty excited and cant wait to start modding. Im pretty fimailiar with message boards so I look forward to reading and learning about the mazda 6 and hopefully I can help some people on the way. I should have pics tonight.

[/b]
Welcome to the fold, I've never driven an SRT but I can agree that you'll probably feel a little lack of power by comparison. But, the 6s is an overall nicely balanced and comfortable car, enjoy the ride

(oops, that was some other car company's slogan.....)
what I really meant was "Zoom Zoom"

ya, thats it........

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I Know Its Gonna Feel A Little Slow But To Be Honest With You I Live In The Philadelphia Suburbs And There Wasnt Really Any Room To Open Up My Srt-4 I Mean Dont Get Me Wrong I Did But. Catiro Your Right Its Impressive That It Can Handle 400HP On Stock Internals But Trust Me When I Say This Things Go Wrong And It Doesnt Turn Into A Daily Driver After That Point. I was Stage 2 With Other Mods Putting Down Way Over 300HP But The Car Was Just Sloppy. An Once You Mod One Thing On It You Gotta Mod Something Else To Meet The Last Mods Needs. The Srt-4 Is A Fun Car If You Have Money To Pump Into It Cause In Stock Form Its Horrible. Then You Buy A $22,000 Car And The Resale Value Is Half Of That In A Year. Im Telling You Never Buy An Srt-4. But Back To The Mazda What Are Some Of The Best Websites Out There To Buy Aftermarkets Parts From?

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Yea I Know Its Gonna Feel A Little Slow But To Be Honest With You I Live In The Philadelphia Suburbs And There Wasnt Really Any Room To Open Up My Srt-4 I Mean Dont Get Me Wrong I Did But. Catiro Your Right Its Impressive That It Can Handle 400HP On Stock Internals But Trust Me When I Say This Things Go Wrong And It Doesnt Turn Into A Daily Driver After That Point. I was Stage 2 With Other Mods Putting Down Way Over 300HP But The Car Was Just Sloppy. An Once You Mod One Thing On It You Gotta Mod Something Else To Meet The Last Mods Needs. The Srt-4 Is A Fun Car If You Have Money To Pump Into It Cause In Stock Form Its Horrible. Then You Buy A $22,000 Car And The Resale Value Is Half Of That In A Year. Im Telling You Never Buy An Srt-4. But Back To The Mazda What Are Some Of The Best Websites Out There To Buy Aftermarkets Parts From? [/b]
lots of good dealers right here as forum sponsors, check them out. Look under "Premier Sponsors" in the forums top menu. For Mazda factory parts Sabrina at Jim Click Mazda is our resident parts godess.

In stock form the Mazda6 is an adequate overall car. Not the ultimate performer for sure, but I still think the description "well balanced" fits it perfectly. :)

I considered long and hard a Mazdaspeed, but in the end went for the 6s Sport with the V6/ATX. This is a daily driver and as such comfort and reliability won out over performance. I drove a MS and while it was impresssive I didn't want to have to deal with what could potentially be another tempermental performance car. I have a 1996 Z28 that has been gone over a bit, mainly handling and braking improvements for autocross, so I don't really need my daily car to be a neck snapper or the ultimate corner carver. When I need something to push hard and enjoy the performance I drive the Camaro. It would be, however, a horrible daily driver car. I also live in the midwest and high powered rear drive cars with about 4 inches of ground clearance and high traction dry pavement tires aren't exactly the best choice when there's a foot of snow on the ground :huh:

As I said earlier, to me the 6s as I have it is a well balanced car. Reasonably quick and decent handling, and very comfortable on the road. Others have different wants/needs for their Mazdas, so to each their own. Some stuff for the car is hard to find, but it looks like more and more companies are starting to take notice of the car and it's potential market, which should mean more goodies coming down the road. :drive:

·
Registered
758 Posts
Yea I Know Its Gonna Feel A Little Slow But To Be Honest With You I Live In The Philadelphia Suburbs And There Wasnt Really Any Room To Open Up My Srt-4 I Mean Dont Get Me Wrong I Did But. Catiro Your Right Its Impressive That It Can Handle 400HP On Stock Internals But Trust Me When I Say This Things Go Wrong And It Doesnt Turn Into A Daily Driver After That Point. I was Stage 2 With Other Mods Putting Down Way Over 300HP But The Car Was Just Sloppy. An Once You Mod One Thing On It You Gotta Mod Something Else To Meet The Last Mods Needs. The Srt-4 Is A Fun Car If You Have Money To Pump Into It Cause In Stock Form Its Horrible. Then You Buy A $22,000 Car And The Resale Value Is Half Of That In A Year. Im Telling You Never Buy An Srt-4. But Back To The Mazda What Are Some Of The Best Websites Out There To Buy Aftermarkets Parts From?
[/b]
Lol wow, caps fest. Anyways, check out RPM in our sponsors section. IMHO they have the best of everything for aftermarket mods. Interior, exterior, engine, exhaust, electrical, etc. They got it all.

And congratulations on making a WONDERFUL decision. You won't be disappointed. Welcome.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
and if you want mazda/mazdaspeed parts check out onlinemazdaparts.com. they have some of the best prices on mazdaspeed parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts