Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently I have had a new problem come up. Usually when I have been driving for a while. It also occures only when the clutch is in and when I am ON the gas a little. It sounds like the noise you make when you rub a tire on the curb, just not as loud. It is coming from somewhere up front I think, I can only hear it when I am driving so it is hard to diognose it. I checked the fluids, they are fine. I went ahead and got an oil change today and I havnt heard it yet, however I have to be driving a while, and sometimes it happens, sometimes not. I have to take it into the Mazda dealer in Salt Lake this weekend. The service guy doesnt know withought hearing it. So I figure someone might have a little insight before I go in. The sound comes when I am on the gas in uneven intervals and unequal length of time. (usually ony for about a second or two at a time) This might be a good one for Crossbow. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
395 Posts
what about when you engage the clutch? I know mine started to have a kind of squeel up front at first, but then it all started!! It progressivly got worse espicially cold morning starts. It now has gotten to the point to where the whole car shakes when going into first and then first to second.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Usually it happens when the clutch is already in, but you cant hear it very well if I am not touching the gas. Could the timing be off? I dont think that it would make that noise though. Also one other thing. I know it ISNT my brakes, I just had the rotors turned two weeks ago and the mechanic siloconed the back of the pads so I dont get any brake chatter. He also said that my pads were 85% left. So I dont know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
bandboy71
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing