Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the 6 (1st gen) my friend has also has the optional bose sound system and the audio is great, he wants to get one of those android navigation systems that can be mounted on top of the center console instead of the glove box, but he wants to play audio from the stock audio system and not the new (android navi). My question is: is that just as easy as not plugging the audio cables in the new navi and just leaving them in the old one and is the old system really that better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can use an AUX in mod and use your phone for NAV. But, you can also do the AUX mod and have the droid unit play through that too.
so in essence i would get the quality sound from the stock audio sistem yet be able to operate everithing via touch infotainment

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think he was trying to refer to the auxmod that gives you a 3.5 aux cable out of the rear, but it was also already stated so I'm not sure why he posted that.

As talon mentioned auxmod will be the easiest way, unless you want to somehow splice in the sound so the gps will play over your music.

·
Registered
Mazda 6 2006
6 Posts
No mod needed just an auxiliary 3.5 that hooks up to the back of stock stereo from walmart.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts