Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey there. Just joined this forum and just bought a 06' MS6 GT with 74K miles on it. I've been in love with this car since it's launch, and I'm glad I finally own one. This is my second car and inevitably, the one I'll also be learning how to drive stick in...:rolleyes:
Looking to make some friends and gain some knowledge. :wavey:
(BTW: I'm located in Long Island, NY)
Here she is. Planning to have a bright future with this girl.
(Sorry for the crappy quality. I didn't get around to taking other pictures yet)

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Welcome. Any plans for mods? Where are you located?

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
First and foremost,:welcome9:

Second of all, Congrats! I too was a fan since launch and was my first MTX. After about 2 weeks of daily driving you get very used to it and you are no longer affraid of rolling back and crunching your speed's rear cover. This Forums is the absolute best resource for info.

You'll find that this thread is like a new MS6 owners handbook. Anything you can't find in there, or even if there is something you would like to talk more about, we all will be happy to help. Look forward to seeing you around.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@6Y MAZDA
Thanks for the Welcome. I live in Long Island, New York. And yeah, I do plan on modding. Very subtle stuff. I wanna lower a bit, get some new mounts, Upgrade the TMIC, probably get a ram air intake. I'm doing some research on the exhaust systems out there. Any suggestions?
@SonicNutrition
Thanks also for the welcome. I've actually been doing my HW on the 6 for a while. This forum has popped up numerous and kinda gave me more or less the courage to dive in. I managed to do pretty well on the test drive, but compared to my first car, this thing is a powerhouse. lol.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
@6Y MAZDA
Thanks for the Welcome. I live in Long Island, New York. And yeah, I do plan on modding. Very subtle stuff. I wanna lower a bit, get some new mounts, Upgrade the TMIC, probably get a ram air intake. I'm doing some research on the exhaust systems out there. Any suggestions?
@SonicNutrition
Thanks also for the welcome. I've actually been doing my HW on the 6 for a while. This forum has popped up numerous and kinda gave me more or less the courage to dive in. I managed to do pretty well on the test drive, but compared to my first car, this thing is a powerhouse. lol.

Top purchases are Rear Motor mount and the diff mounts. These make a Huge differance in the drivabilty and longevity of your MS6. Especially the RMM interms of shifting. As for an exhaust, there are very few out there, the most affordable being the Magnaflow, but Its an area I haven't done much research in.

I too did my research prior to purchasing my Speed6 and the amount of returns to this site are whats kept me here. Great people.

Also, if you are interested, we are planning a group climb up Mt.washington, the info can be found in my sig below.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@SonicNutrition
Yeah I was taking a look at that. Looks like fun. I may get back to you on that one actually. I was thinking about magnaflow, but I cobb and cp-e seem to get that richer, throaty sound I'm looking for. lol. As for the mounts, I've heard, thanks to this forum. Besides the Xcarlink, those are my absolute first purchases for this car.
@block8head
Thanks for the welcome and I WILL be taking those once someone shows me how to install a boost gauge. lol

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
@SonicNutrition
Yeah I was taking a look at that. Looks like fun. I may get back to you on that one actually. I was thinking about magnaflow, but I cobb and cp-e seem to get that richer, throaty sound I'm looking for. lol. As for the mounts, I've heard, thanks to this forum. Besides the Xcarlink, those are my absolute first purchases for this car.
@block8head
Thanks for the welcome and I WILL be taking those once someone shows me how to install a boost gauge. lol

Ben makes a great OEM looking Gauge Pod. Here are some links to help you install a boost guage in the future.

http://forum.mazda6club.com/mazdaspeed6/249274-vent-pod-boost-gauge-install-electrical-connections.html

http://forum.mazda6club.com/mazdaspeed6/241988-how-install-mechanical-vac-boost-w-dimmer.html

http://forum.mazda6club.com/mazdaspeed6/207339-defrost-vent-pod-installation-guide.html

http://forum.mazda6club.com/interior-modifications/207883-installed-60mm-stri-boost-gauge.html

Combined, these will help you out.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
WElcome where are you located.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Welcome fellow red car owner! :) love love love the car. Very very pretty.

Learning stick isn't hard (I learned on my first mazda). You'll probably stall, do a peel out, and then be fine. Learning hills is worst, but I was taught how to cheat: pull your e brake to hold you. Just make sure to release it! Once you learn, you'll never want an auto again. Its so boring :p

Sent from my VS920 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Everyone here is a hell of a lot nicer on here than they are on Club3G. lol.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Where in long island are you?I'm in suffolk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AutoGuide App

1 - 15 of 15 Posts