Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
157 Posts
I had mine changed at 500 miles. Used regular Dino, and will change again at 4500-5000 and use regular Dino one more time. After that I will go to full synthetic.

Thanks,
Jason

· Registered
157 Posts
There is only a 7500 mile and 5000 mile schedule. Never heard or saw a 3000 mile schedule anywhere. You can change it however often you want to but unless you race your car every single day from every single stop light, there is not really a need to change it often. Especially if running synthetic. I gurantee changing at 3000 miles as opposed to 5000 miles wont make a differnece. Just make sure to use good oil and filter, which I have alink I will post in a new thread about oil filters.

Also, I dont listen to the dealer much, especially after the guy who sold it to me said to make sure I "rev it a little" before turning it off to help cool the turbo. And I quote from him again "what people dont know is the turbo will spin backwards if it gets too hot" Thank god that was the last things he said to me before I drove off or I would have laughed in his face probably.
[/b]
SPIN BACKWARDS?!?! That is classic.

Thanks,
Jason

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.