Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'd like to welcome my new '06 black mica MS6 sport to the club. I was a previous owner of a black '05 5spd 6s which I thought fun, but made the costly mistake of succumbing to rebates and test driving the MS6. Needless to say, my wallet is a tad lighter however my smile is much wider.

I'm planning on an oil change at 1k miles and I'll keep an eye out for any problems associated with the PCM flash though it will be fed 93 octane. Are there any other unique drivetrain-related issues for the new engine I should be concerned with other than the high maintenance my new baby is going to receive?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yes, Dont drop the clutch past 2.5k. Break the tranny in nicely and she will treat you right.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hey another Cincinnatian, welcome. Also, dont change the oil at 1k miles. Just wait till 5000 miles. No need or reason to change it that early. Unless you want to switch to synthetic or use a different oil but I would jsut wait till the recommended 5000 miles to change it.

Anyway, welcome.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hey another Cincinnatian, welcome. Also, dont change the oil at 1k miles. Just wait till 5000 miles. No need or reason to change it that early. Unless you want to switch to synthetic or use a different oil but I would jsut wait till the recommended 5000 miles to change it.

Anyway, welcome.
[/b]
Funny, my dealer recomended I stay on the 3000 mile schedule...5000 seems like a long time for a turbo car....I would say it really depends on your driving conditions and what oil your using...just like a lot of things its all good until someone breaks something....we all have our rituals.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I had mine changed at 500 miles. Used regular Dino, and will change again at 4500-5000 and use regular Dino one more time. After that I will go to full synthetic.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
353 Posts
Funny, my dealer recomended I stay on the 3000 mile schedule...5000 seems like a long time for a turbo car....I would say it really depends on your driving conditions and what oil your using...just like a lot of things its all good until someone breaks something....we all have our rituals.
[/b]
There is only a 7500 mile and 5000 mile schedule. Never heard or saw a 3000 mile schedule anywhere. You can change it however often you want to but unless you race your car every single day from every single stop light, there is not really a need to change it often. Especially if running synthetic. I gurantee changing at 3000 miles as opposed to 5000 miles wont make a differnece. Just make sure to use good oil and filter, which I have alink I will post in a new thread about oil filters.

Also, I dont listen to the dealer much, especially after the guy who sold it to me said to make sure I "rev it a little" before turning it off to help cool the turbo. And I quote from him again "what people dont know is the turbo will spin backwards if it gets too hot" Thank god that was the last things he said to me before I drove off or I would have laughed in his face probably.

·
Registered
156 Posts
There is only a 7500 mile and 5000 mile schedule. Never heard or saw a 3000 mile schedule anywhere. You can change it however often you want to but unless you race your car every single day from every single stop light, there is not really a need to change it often. Especially if running synthetic. I gurantee changing at 3000 miles as opposed to 5000 miles wont make a differnece. Just make sure to use good oil and filter, which I have alink I will post in a new thread about oil filters.

Also, I dont listen to the dealer much, especially after the guy who sold it to me said to make sure I "rev it a little" before turning it off to help cool the turbo. And I quote from him again "what people dont know is the turbo will spin backwards if it gets too hot" Thank god that was the last things he said to me before I drove off or I would have laughed in his face probably.
[/b]
SPIN BACKWARDS?!?! That is classic.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
353 Posts

Thanks,
Jason
[/b]
Ya, at first I could not beleive he said it as up until that point, he actually seemed somewhat knowledgeable... but that threw everything out the window.

·
Registered
113 Posts
TJS and illini, where about are you guys from? I'm in Cincy as well. I still have yet to see another Speed6 on the road here.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

[/b]
Wow, sounds like we might have had the same guy at Kings. But they did manage to give me free oil changes for life on the car, might as well get all I can out of it.

Edit: Actually just moved out here, I'm north of Blue Ash right before Mason

·
Registered
113 Posts
Wow, sounds like we might have had the same guy at Kings. But they did manage to give me free oil changes for life on the car, might as well get all I can out of it.

Edit: Actually just moved out here, I'm north of Blue Ash right before Mason
[/b]
I actually got mine at King's as well, around the end of August. I live down in Hyde Park but actually work up at GE at the moment.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Ya, got mine at kings through their internet guy. Nice guy though, will give him that. Bought mine back at the end of july. I have seen one other MS6 on the road, Titanium grey the other day on rt4 just north of 275.

I live up on the Hamilton-Fairfield border. Work down in Norwood at Siemens. Used to co-op up at GE but they didn't really have any jobs I was interested in when I graduated. Still looking though.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Off Topic: I too am in cincinnati, I have a Ti Grey MS6, I am in Deer Park next to kenwood mall, we should all try to get together at some point! I got mine a the mazda next to tri county, nice guy knew enough to be the sales guy i wanted and not some schmoe!

The only thing I would disagree with is not chanmging your oil in the first 1,000 miles, will it make a life altering change - no, but in the end we all know that the break in period produces abnormal wear and CAN cause more contaminates, so why jnot spend the 30 bucks for peice of mind?

·
Registered
113 Posts
So there's at least 4 of us in Cincy and I have yet to see one. I'd be up for getting together sometime, see what you guys are doing with your speeds.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Same here. I'm up for meeting up sometime somewhere.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Welcome even though your car is better that mine! :tear: My suggestion is to get 2 Taco bell trays ,place them behind each rear tire, roll back until sitting on the trays, lock the E-brake and have some real fun! :seeya:

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Or just wait till it rains?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Well, next weekend on Saturday (the 14th), I am supposed to go to Tri-state dragway because a guy with a Legacy GT wants to race a stock MS6. So right now we are planning for next weekend. He also wanted to race a stock Evo so I may try to get my friend to go as well. Just for fun and to see how our cars do stock and before we start to do anything. I think it would be cool for a bunch of us to show up. Anyway, just a suggestion. Plus we could all meet each other and its easy to get to.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Well, next weekend on Saturday (the 14th), I am supposed to go to Tri-state dragway because a guy with a Legacy GT wants to race a stock MS6. So right now we are planning for next weekend. He also wanted to race a stock Evo so I may try to get my friend to go as well. Just for fun and to see how our cars do stock and before we start to do anything. I think it would be cool for a bunch of us to show up. Anyway, just a suggestion. Plus we could all meet each other and its easy to get to.
[/b]
I'd be all for it, but unfortunately I'm heading outta town for the weekend.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts