Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im going to get my reflash done tomorrow and was able to get on the dyno today for a pre-flash run.

The guy doing the run told me point blank- your car has higher stock #'s than stock Evo's!!! How awesome is that to hear!. In no way shape or form am i comparing my car to an evo, these guys were. They are pretty much an STI/EVO shop so thats what they do!

In any case, im stoked- the Runs went like this
Run 1 and immediately Run 2 - 10 or so minue break then Run 3 which is where it made the most power

Here's the #'s!!
[attachmentid=15373]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
250 and 280 stock is pretty :shocked: awesome. did you do any intake/intercooler prep before or between runs?

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
the correction factor of 1.04 puts it up there. so divide by it to get 242whp. then take into account that its a dynojet (non load bearing) and that puts it back at average against dynapaks and mustang dynes. sorry.

debbie downer.

·
Registered
42 Posts
What octane of gas are you running out there?

·
Registered
166 Posts
what part of north jersey are you from again,, because i am in kinnelon

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
keep us posted on the post reflash dyno...im severely interested since i just got me reflash last week

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
the correction factor of 1.04 puts it up there. so divide by it to get 242whp. then take into account that its a dynojet (non load bearing) and that puts it back at average against dynapaks and mustang dynes. sorry.

debbie downer.
[/b]
I like how everyone ignores this post, even though it sheds light on the truth.

Still very strong stock numbers though.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Your car will be beastly with a reflash and an MBC, Intake.

That's all you need.

Can't wait to dyno mine!

·
Registered
2,883 Posts

[/b]
Only issue is old STD cf is used to get 1.04, which would be about 1.02 if the more current SAE cf were used. For turbos, must be done near sea level, as this was done, to avoide excessive barometric corrections. Otherwise, last dyno comparo I saw published had dynapac's the highest (no tire energy losses), and mustangs close to dynojets. Dynojets are more consistent, if run right, as the load inertia is measured by factory and not subject to variations. Load cell type dynos need regular calibration.

As always said, best to find one well run dyno to quantify performance changes with mods. Best to avoid excessive hot or cold days, as the cf's are only valid for slight variations from standard conditions ....about 70F and 29.5" hg (near sea level).

SAE J1349 (SAE cf)

http://www.mazda6tech.com/images/dyno/sae.pdf

·
Registered
219 Posts

[/b]
If it dynos higher than Evos does on the same dyno, then I think it's impressive, even if it's a dyno jet. The interesting thing with dyno testing is to compare different vehicles on the same dyno. Seems strange to me that many ignores this.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Even if the cars weight was the same as an Evo, The US puts a huge restriction on the the Evo, check the dyno of a Europeon EVO MR and the MS6, EVO is already doing 320 plus and its running a 21.792 lbs PSI on a 2.0L. for $400 you can go to the EVO guy in philly and have him redo your car computer setting to give you the euro setting, $800 if you have an STI. 281hp is good but it is also a 2.3L. But in the US its not to much slower and will keep the EVO/sti owners watching you.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Yeah, but then we would have a crappy interior like EVOs without all the goodies I bought the car for. :nana:
[/b]
I second that one. I bought this car for its well roundedness. If I wanted an evo/sti I would have bought one. I traded in a Mustang GT and figured I would give this car a shot since its still in the Ford family :D

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hey guys, im going to get my reflash done tomorrow and was able to get on the dyno today for a pre-flash run.

The guy doing the run told me point blank- your car has higher stock #'s than stock Evo's!!! How awesome is that to hear!. In no way shape or form am i comparing my car to an evo, these guys were. They are pretty much an STI/EVO shop so thats what they do!

In any case, im stoked- the Runs went like this
Run 1 and immediately Run 2 - 10 or so minue break then Run 3 which is where it made the most power
Here's the #'s!!
[attachmentid=15373]
[/b]
are you going to get another dyno after the flash?, and do you need to let the ecu relearn first?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

debbie downer.
[/b]

HUH? whatever all that means is fine. What i have in front of me is a Dyno Sheet from my Dyno Session with my MS6, It says 252hp and 281tq. Whether or not it was on a Dynojet or a JetStream means sqaut to me. Maybe there should be a thread for dyno results from the various dyno's that are out there?...

If it dynos higher than Evos does on the same dyno, then I think it's impressive, even if it's a dyno jet. The interesting thing with dyno testing is to compare different vehicles on the same dyno. Seems strange to me that many ignores this.
[/b]
Yeah-- My point exactly-..When an EVO Guy at an EVO shop tells you that your car Dyno'd higher numbers than a stock Evo does it would probably be a safe bet to beleive him!

93 Octane

Lodi

Thanks to all for the positive comments.

are you going to get another dyno after the flash?, and do you need to let the ecu relearn first?
[/b]
I figure i'll give it 1000 miles or so before i do. I want to let the ECU do whatever it needs to do and then get it done.

I pretty much dyno'd it only to have proof of the cars performance level. If i get it back from Mazda and it feels like a snail- i'll have some concrete evidence that they "broke it".

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
HUH? whatever all that means is fine. What i have in front of me is a Dyno Sheet from my Dyno Session with my MS6, It says 252hp and 281tq. Whether or not it was on a Dynojet or a JetStream means sqaut. Maybe there should be a thread for dyno results from the various dyno's that are out there?...
93 Octane

Lodi

Thanks to all for the positive comments.
[/b]
dyno directory for ms6:
http://forum.mazda6tech.com/viewforum.php?f=52

all about correction factors:
http://wahiduddin.net/calc/cf.htm

read kevink2's post as well. as long as you use the same dyno after making changes, you'll be fine because you're holding the dyno as a constant. but you're numbers are inflated a bit because of the correction factor.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts