Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i finally got her goin after 3mts in the garage, (new motor and atx) and got the wire harness issues fixed.. so i let her run about an hr. making sure there are no leaks... so i take her for a ride, get about 10 miles through the back country roads i live on and sitting at a stop sign i notice some smoke, pop hood and it appears to be the cats smoking but not too bad so i figure its just the oily hand prints makin it smoke, did notice a leak on one the the axle seals in the trans but thats not making it smoke so i decide to go back home let her cool and degrease the engine.. on the way back its getting worse i pull in my drive way in a cloud of smoke, shut it off pop the hood and BOOM SMOKE EVERYWHERE, and a ball or fire on the front downstream cat... grab the xtingisher and get it out.. pull it in the shop wit the atv. and put her up on ramps. looks like the oil press sensor leaking, so i let it cool and remove it no thread tape. ok so i wrap it and re install it.. start her up and crawl under to have a look. well she is dumpin oil. so i shut her off and get her all cleaned up and what do i find a crack (must of been hairline and the thread tape caused it to really open up) .. so i rip the front end off including the powersteering pump n ac compressor. and take her to my welder( trailer queen lately) he gets her all welded up for me and no leaks so after i put her all back together. and now i have the dreaded hesitation. so i guess its time for new plugs n coils. gonna try n put the coils off the old motor on and see if that makes any diff. . (and yes i forgot the axle seals) must of nicked it putting the axles back in..

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya im not exactly pleased at the moment, although with all this down time it has given me some time to get the little things done, tried my hand at the evil m on the back, (looks pretty good) and also workin on the engine cover, thinking of painting it yellow and the lettering chrome, with the evil m of course, (got 2 incase i mess it up) and working on the "stick shift" look for my center trying to find a mtx 6 in the local picknpull it hell, plus the wifey isnt to happy that i keep spending $$$ on the car and it just sits in the garage or is on the trl goin for this or that, then i told her it needs new sneakers and coilovers (struts seaping) for the inspection... haha.. she wasnt happy when i told her how much... lol..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts