Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new Mercedes SLR will be presented at Frankfurt's Auto Show in September this year. It's one of the best kept secrets of Mercedes. How come a man from Poland claims that he owns the first SLR? No paparazzi has ever seen this model in person. All prototypes have been covered up, disguised or hidden from the public, treated like a treasure. So, how did he get his hands on a $500,000 car? It's simple, he made it by himself on the basis of an older 500 SEC! Watch the pictures to believe his incredible piece of work.

the original SLR

·
Registered
464 Posts
Reading Topic: NEW Mercedes SLR

ewwww i hate it, I like the regular SLKs better. He probably is one of those people that is so rich they just want to be the first to own something.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

I saw this somewhere else... I doubt he's that wealthy, because close up you can see what a shoddy job they did.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts

Looks like something off of StarTrek Next Generation.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Replying to Topic 'NEW Mercedes SLR'

Looks like Ace and Garry's car from the Ambiguously Gay Duo cartoons on Saturday Night Live.;)

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

When looking at it some more I think it looks like one of those test mules they have...

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

After looking at pics of the "real" SLR concept, I'd have to say that this model is just that, a model. It looks like one of my die-casts that I have sitting on the shelf over there. It looks good, but it wouldn't be mistaken for the real thing if you took anything more than a passing glance at it. Thumbs up to the SLR, thumbs undecided on this model. I'd have to say that it's almost kind of sad to spend that kind of money on something like this. Just buy an SL series and be happy.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

For the kind of money he put into it, I don't think he deserves a break. He needs a shrink.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts