Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been reading this board for a bit and finally registered...its interesting to see a wide varity of opinions i ordered a steel grey mazda 6s on march 15th...delivery date was quoted at 90 days (+/- 10 days) my only options were the sport package and a moonroof, which is being installed by the dealer, since i couldn't just get the sport package and roof from the factory i read elsewhere on here that the order configurations were going to be changed in april...does anyone know if this is true or not?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Reading Topic: new member

According to an email I received back from Mazda after I wrote to them, bitching about the screwy option mandates :D , YES - that is what they told me:

In response to your e-mail comments, please understand that our website contains the correct configurations for build at one time. When more combinations become available, in April, the information will be reflected at that time.

·
Registered
736 Posts

Hmmm... Perhaps I am reading too much into it but when they say more combinations, are they stating that there may be more colors and/or things to add to the car?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Replying to Topic 'new member'

Originally posted by Gecko_2k2

Hmmm... Perhaps I am reading too much into it but when they say more combinations, are they stating that there may be more colors and/or things to add to the car?[/b]
Not that I know of. Just the ability to get some options without having to order others. (Sunroof, sport pkg, leather, Bose, side airbags come to mind as sometimes linked options.)

·
Registered
543 Posts

No, I don't think so. That email was basically in response to me bitching about not being able to get the Side Airbags without getting a boatload of other stuff too, that I didn't necessarily want. And how, if you want the moonroof, etc., you HAVE to also get the Bose and Leather/Comfort package.

I think they're just going to make more of the options 100% stand-alone instead of bundling some of them together like they are now.

·
Registered
736 Posts

My biggest issue, aside from the whole hatchback thing, is that they force you to get the Bose system with side air bags. I want safety without Bose because I can get deals on car audio and would be able to get a system that outshines the Bose for a few hundred dollars.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

same here, i wanted the side air bags, sport package and a moonroof, but didn't want everything else...leather, heated seats, and the bose...if the combinations are changed, i am going to see if the dealer can change my order...i don't have a vin yet so i don't think it would be a problem...i just don't want to wait longer than i already am going to

1 - 8 of 8 Posts