Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I recently purchased a white 2015 Mazda6 GT. Just had all the chrome wrapped in gloss black and took of the mazda6/skyactive badges. Looking forward to lots of good incite from OG Mazda6 owners.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome to the community. If you're over in the Tampa Bay area, maybe I'll see your car next time I go over for a Rays game. If you're in the Miami area, though... (I try to avoid Miami and its traffic like the plague, as it disagrees with my stick shift something fierce.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How did you remove the skyactive badge?
Is it just glued on, or does it have mounting holes in the sheet metal?
Thanks.
The badges are held on by 3M. I used an adhesive remover to soften up the 3M and used floss to cut it away. Then i used a plastic card to scrape the rest off of the car. There are no mounting holes to worry about. I've also read that people use a hair dryer or heat gun to help peel the 3M off. If you use an adhesive remover, make sure you get one that's safe on vehicle paint.

·
Registered
44 Posts
How did you remove the skyactive badge?
Is it just glued on, or does it have mounting holes in the sheet metal?
Thanks.
:smile2:Badges always glued on to the metal for a while now. Last thing manufacturers want is rust starting in the hole where badge is attaches to the trunk.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hello all. I recently purchased a white 2015 Mazda6 GT. Just had all the chrome wrapped in gloss black and took of the mazda6/skyactive badges. Looking forward to lots of good incite from OG Mazda6 owners.
At least in Florida, you will not be worried about salt that destroys Mazdas faster than other makes, somewhere, lets say, in Boston

·
Super Moderator
16,953 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your purchase and toss up some pics of the ride when you can :)

The badges are held on by 3M. I used an adhesive remover to soften up the 3M and used floss to cut it away. Then i used a plastic card to scrape the rest off of the car. There are no mounting holes to worry about. I've also read that people use a hair dryer or heat gun to help peel the 3M off. If you use an adhesive remover, make sure you get one that's safe on vehicle paint.
Everything he said.

Side note that the Mazda "M" on the trunk does use pin holes.

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,953 Posts
Side note that the Mazda "M" on the trunk does use pin holes
I don't think, this is correct. Look here, https://www.onlinemazdaparts.com/a/Mazda_2015_6-Sport-SKYACTIV-AT/_51505_6420900/LID--COMPONENTS/5442720.html There no holes in the lid. I think, it is the front logo uses little clips. But event that, now not always true because many logos now are "electronic devices". Like on GT trims.
It's correct ;)

http://forum.mazda6club.com/exterior-modifications/336794-diy-front-rear-emblem-removal.html#post4286402

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am in north Florida. Welcome. You should start a build/mod thread of your car to keep track of your progress. I enjoy reading those. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts