Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Picked up an '07 Black Mazdaspeed6 Sport on friday. 22K miles. One owner. $18,169 out the door price. Single owner clean carfax. Small blemishes in the paint. Previous owner obviously didn't know how to drive. Poorly Covered Scuffs on both corners on the front pumper, and what looks like it was almost a hole in the rear bumper. Judging by the scratches on the shift knob (probably from rings) and the finger nail scratches by the driver's door handle I'm guessing the previous owner was a woman. Or a man whole liked jewelry and didn't trim his nails.

Only issue with it right now is the ABS and the Traction Control warning Lights (to the right of the abs) are both on. A little research turned up that this is very common and most likely the ABS wheel speed sensor. The dealership (not mazda) I bought it from said the Car is still under factory warranty. And All I needed to do is set up an appointment with a Mazda Dealership, and then call my dealership and tell them when and where and they would take care of the rest.

I also Own a 2000 Honda Prelude Base. What a difference between the 2. The prelude has a lot more Suspension work done so it feels more planted in the corners. But the speed6 does not feel like it weighs 700 pounds more. The Mazda is definitely faster, and accelerates like heck.

I grew to appreciate what the lack of ABS and traction control means on the way home for work today. I was exiting a quick S-turn near my house and low and behold there a deer standing there. A Quick left and a right to avoid the deer, plus my recent power on exiting the turn sent the car into a wide oversteer. I tried to straighten her out and bleed off speed. It had been raining all day so the roads were wet. The oversteer + no abs + wet road left me with locked brakes sliding down the road watching the roadside vegetation from an angle that I'm not so sure I liked.:eek:

So I will be making that appointment ASAP :rolleyes: and taking it easy on tight turns in the rain.

·
Registered
884 Posts
hopefully that's exactly what the problem is and they replace it underwarranty.

If and when you start doing some suspension stuff to the speed you're gonna be very happy. If you haven't noticed but the stock height is awful (which I'm rocking out at the moment) so even just dropping it helps out. Add some sway bars and coilovers and you're gonna love the ride.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya I'm rocking some 17's at the moment. Of of my prelude. I didn't like the tires on the stock 18's. The 17's Look TINY :p And the wheel gap looks HUGE.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Easton. It wasn't the wheels I didn't like. I mean they were all curbed up, it was the cheap generic tires I didn't like.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Any pics?!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry not many (yet) but here a few picks of the wheels I have. The first set I snatched off my prelude because I didn't like the generic cheapos that were on it when I bought it. The Are the old style Enkie Evo 5 in 17x7 with Hankook RS-2 215 45 zr17 yes that's much smaller than stock, they were only on for a few days. The second pick is a set of Barely used Drag DR-21's I got from a friend for $400 They have about 600 miles on them. The tires are Kumho Ecsta SPT 235 40 zr18. Just a little bigger than stock.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts