Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone. I am new to the forums as I have just gotten a new/used 2005 Mazda6i 2.3L auto 135k last week. The car drives nice and is quite peppy with a 4 banger in it and has lots of room for my kids.

Long story short, my wife's old Kia Rio's timing belt broke, so her engine probably did too. At the same time I sold my old '96 Ford Probe GT-ZE :crying:

Decision was between a Nissan Altima and a Mazda6, we chose the Mazda because... to quote my wife "It looks pretty", and because it is the "spiritual" successor to the Probe/626, so that appealed to me as well...LOL.

------

Question: Is there anything "specific" to this car that I should check out/replace. This weekend I am going to replace a bunch of the fluids and check the plugs, but is there anything I should definitely check even if it is a mundane thing such as fluids or perhaps a specific type of oil/plug to use?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Hello everyone. I am new to the forums as I have just gotten a new/used 2005 Mazda6i 2.3L auto 135k last week. The car drives nice and is quite peppy with a 4 banger in it and has lots of room for my kids.

Long story short, my wife's old Kia Rio's timing belt broke, so her engine probably did too. At the same time I sold my old '96 Ford Probe GT-ZE :crying:

Decision was between a Nissan Altima and a Mazda6, we chose the Mazda because... to quote my wife "It looks pretty", and because it is the "spiritual" successor to the Probe/626, so that appealed to me as well...LOL.

------

Question: Is there anything "specific" to this car that I should check out/replace. This weekend I am going to replace a bunch of the fluids and check the plugs, but is there anything I should definitely check even if it is a mundane thing such as fluids or perhaps a specific type of oil/plug to use?

Thanks.
The real common issue I have seen with the Gen1's in the Mazda shop are the Passenger side motor mount (Its filled with hydraulic fluid so you'll see it leaking) on the front of the engine, and the one at the firewall. VERY common. Also Plugs are so cheap I would just pick up a set of NGK's and replace them. Outside of that I really can't think of anything other then what you already intend to look at or flush.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts