Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is the reliability with these cars? Is the Mazdaspeed 6 better built then the other mazdas since it say son my door jam that its made in japan?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Typically, if a car is made in Japan, you should expect high-quality out of it. To answer your question, the MS6 is the top line of the 6 series, so naturally Mazda would offer higher quality and this is done through the Japan. However, you shouldn't infer that the car doesn't have some problems, although these are few and far and are more often lemons than consistents.
:yesnod:

·
Registered
862 Posts
I just got mine in October this year I've put almost 3k on it and have loved almost every mile of it. No problems...well I caused one by ordering tires and wheels from tirerack.com and they weren't balanced right, but that was there bad not Mazda's.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
How is the reliability with these cars? Is the Mazdaspeed 6 better built then the other mazdas since it say son my door jam that its made in japan?
[/b]
Almost all Mazdas are built in Japan. Only the Mazda6 isn't. And of course the Tribute and B-series which are just rebadged Ford Escapes and Rangers.

As with anything, they're all hit or miss. Country of assembly has no bearing on reliability, it has everything to do with the quality management -- Toyota and Honda's US plants actually tend to produce slightly more reliable cars than their Japanese counterparts making the exact same vehicles. The Mazda3 while reliable, is no pinnacle of quality. The RX-8 isn't exactly known for its lack of problems either. Nor is the MPV. But they're all built in Japan.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Almost all Mazdas are built in Japan. Only the Mazda6 isn't. And of course the Tribute and B-series which are just rebadged Ford Escapes and Rangers.

As with anything, they're all hit or miss. Country of assembly has no bearing on reliability, it has everything to do with the quality management -- Toyota and Honda's US plants actually tend to produce slightly more reliable cars than their Japanese counterparts making the exact same vehicles. The Mazda3 while reliable, is no pinnacle of quality. The RX-8 isn't exactly known for its lack of problems either. Nor is the MPV. But they're all built in Japan.
[/b]
The Japan built Hondas are held in slightly higher regard. Statistically, the closer the manufacturing plant is to the engineering offices the better the quality since problems on the line can be dealt with quicker. Of course, there are other factors.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Typically, if a car is made in Japan, you should expect high-quality out of it. [/b]

Ninecoronas, please preface statements like this one with "in my opinion" or "I think" unless you have statistical evidence or empirical data to support your claim.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well I can say that many factors contribute to a pleasurable ownership of a car, this brand being Japanese to begin with is a very good thing (cant hold my breath on having FORD Mo. Co. giving inputs into Mazda) I currently lease a 2004 RX8 and I just purchased 3 weeks ago an MS6 and I have been very happay with both cars, the RX8 on one hand we can relate its problems to its very picky Rotary engine which is'nt the most reliable and user friendly engine in the market but other than that the RX8 is hands down a true sports car with practicallity. The MS6 is rewarding in every way and I'm not really worried by its reliability since it is built in Japan and has many mechanical components that are designed for performance and durability, with this said, I would not compare hand to hand the quality of a Mazda 6 to a MS6.

ENJOY your MS6!!!!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh yea I love this car. Only thing is that it seems to drop power after about 5600rpm, but thats fine because im not a street racer. I do love the face that i can be in second gear and just pull on cars that are riding my ass. I wish I could still go to my car shops but they dont know anything about the car or have parts for it. Where can i even look for parts?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Ninecoronas, please preface statements like this one with "in my opinion" or "I think" unless you have statistical evidence or empirical data to support your claim.
[/b]
Apologies. Slipped my mind.

"In my opinion, Japanese made cars have a slightly higher reliability rate"

·
Registered
364 Posts
not a problem with mine...runs like a champ

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Having owned (and still owning) 3 Mazda6's.... I can say that the Japanese 6 is far superior in the quality of product to the US SPEC cars, and I mean that in the nicest way possible...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts