Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded in my mazdaspeed protege a couple months ago for a mazdaspeed6. This is my third mazda and had great experience with many different mazdas in the past. My past mazdas were all trouble free and build quality were top notch, they were all free from squeaks and rattles.
Okay the mazdaspeed6 just past 3k miles, this car is full of random rattles. Which doesn't give me any confidence about the build quality of the car. Whats really pissing me off now is that when i'm accerating or braking there is a loud sqeak form the passinger side door panel that started couple days ago. This car is practically brand new but sounds like its ticked over 100k miles. Wasn't the mazdaspeed6 sopposed to have a stiff sturcture?? whats with all the parts rattling and sqeaking? I'm not quite sure if mine is just a bad build or mazda/ford way of cutting costs but I am very disappointed by this car. I've had 2 proteges in the past and racked up alot of miles and both and the interior never had a single rattle or a squeak. I've already took the car in for a air leak in one of the windows during highway speeds and they said it couldn't be replicated so I don't have much faith in mazda fixing these problems either.

·
Registered
807 Posts
i feel the same way going from 1998 mazda millenia which after 170K!miles had NO rattles and sqeaks to 2004 6s with all the interior/dash rattles!

·
Registered
115 Posts
My Mazdaspeed6 has a small pop when I run over a bump on the front passenger side. I don't know if it bothers me enough to bring it to the dealership but it bothers me enough to consider it :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
take it to the dealership do everthing you have to do under warranty. Had some problems with rattles in my rx-8.

I made them replace the whole dash down to the center console for free.

·
Registered
54 Posts
When I have some time I'm gonna have to take mine to the dealer to get a couple rattles fixed up. It seems that they're coming from around the sunroof area, but I'm not 100% sure.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I think every car is going to have a few rattles. Sucks you got one that has more then the norm. Keep bugging your dealership until they try and fix it or go elsehwere

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
I hate to say it, but I think most cars these days suffer from some form of rattles. Over at drive accord there was a guy taping up his new accord and finally traded in for a camry. I'm tempted by the Infiniti G35 come 2K8/2K9 but after reading their forums, even on a 32K car made in japan they complain about rattles.

Having said that, I'm sure Lexus is morgue quiet.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
don't forget...mazdaspeed6's are built in japan, whereas the normal 6's are built alongside mustangs here in the US.
as sad as it makes me to say, japanese assembled cars usually are a bit less rattle prone.

that being said...i would expect your msp6 to be ok, but i can see where youre coming from. i put a couple extra lbs of pressure in my tires and i am hearing a few bumps and rattles now and again

·
Registered
109 Posts
My '06 6i Hatch has had rattles/buzzes from day 2! 11 months later, I still can't find and repair the remaining two rattles. The car just came back from the shop (one week+) after another warranty repair -- six and counting! My wife's new Camry Hybrid (built in Japan) is not without its share of annoying noises too -- albeit not as much as my 6. I've owned three prior Mazdas in my life and NONE have had this many problems in the first year of ownership. Suffice to say, I am a loyal customer (18+ years)... but WTF Mazda... where is the attention to detail these days? I personally think Mazda's part's suppliers are slipping in some junk and Mazda's quality line is falling asleep somewhere.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
My 2003 6s had no rattles up to 62k miles. I then traded it in. My 2006 MS6 has no rattles at 6.2k miles. Every car is different with this situation. I would take it in to get the rattles removed though.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've owned both a 2006 6i and now a 2006 ms6 gt and with the ms I have no rattles of any kind, I am 100% happy with the build and most certainly is a much better put together car than the us made cars, too many issues with the us made versions in terms of fit and finish.

This isn't to say the car isn't without issues ongoing...the flash thing sucks, but I feel that is going to get sorted out, like all cars some come off the line better than others....be it for 30k or 40k its just the facts of life. Nag your dealer...Nag mazda...get in touch with regional manager whatever you have to do to make things right...don't wait until you have built up too many miles....best of luck. If all else fails....turn up the radio.

·
Registered
315 Posts
MY MPS HAS NO RATTLES and its paint finish in Titanium is miles better than the 2005 Madza6 Luxury Hatch (black), the Mazda 6 had orange peel paint whilst my RX8 and MPS are both beautifully painted, both are way below my 2004 Honda Accord Euro (TSX) for fit finish quality of plastics...but then that thing drove like a mobile refrigerator...hated it. Yuk white goods on wheels...and made in Japan.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm on second Mazda6, first one was brand new. Second one I bought with 23K on it, now has 36K on it.

Never had any major squeks or rattles from either.

I get a small thud from the front when going over a bump but that's all.

I think it's just luck.

There are bound to be cars where something just hasn't sat right and ends up causing a squek or rattle.

But if it annoys you then I would definately get the dealer to find and fix it.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I haven't heard a newer car rattle, even cheap, beat to hell KIAs in rent a car fleets. Maybe I'm just immune, but I did go to town with some foam weatherstrip to quell a noisy dash cover in my other car.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
rattles don't bother my much as the stress creaking that started. Also I dont have much hope because one of my windows has a slight air leak around 60mph and stealership can't replicate it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
7000kms, not a rattle in mine. Solid as any Honda I've owned, and more solid then my MSP or MP3 ever was. And I drive on some of the worse roads in Canada.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had 2 MSPs, both were rock solid. Maybe mine is the "hungover from sake" build but it has couple rattles and now the creak, not exactly confidence inspiring for a car with 3kmiles on it. Thinking maybe i should comproise some performance and have gotten a TSX.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Man you go through Cars like it's nothing....you are gonna be so upside down >_< Keep your car and enjoy it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts