Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
Recently baught a Mazda 6 05 2.3L, I'm normally a V6/V8 rear wheel guy but thought I'd go jap lol, especially the way the fuel prices are in Australia, I say I haven't be disappointed yet, only that the previous owner never looked after the clutch or power steering so it's getting a new clutch kit, power steering pressure hose, and a timming belt. I was quoted 1200 for the lot, which I was shocked that's cheap, I know these mechanics for a few years, so I trust them.

Cheers
Jester

·
Super Moderator
16,808 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!

I thought the timing chain is for the diesel variant only. Or that 2.3 L is a diesel?
Unless the EU/AU models differ (they might, and I don't know about diesel), the 6 comes with a timing chain in all engines and generations.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello everyone,
Recently baught a Mazda 6 05 2.3L, I'm normally a V6/V8 rear wheel guy but thought I'd go jap lol, especially the way the fuel prices are in Australia, I say I haven't be disappointed yet, only that the previous owner never looked after the clutch or power steering so it's getting a new clutch kit, power steering pressure hose, and a timming belt. I was quoted 1200 for the lot, which I was shocked that's cheap, I know these mechanics for a few years, so I trust them.

Cheers
Jester
1200 US DOLLARS??? THAT INCLUDE LABOR??? IF SO THAT'S A EXCELLENT DEAL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts