Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm 19 and just bought my very first car!!! Which just happens to be a Mazda 6 Hatchback!
I'm new to forums and all so let me know if there's any tricks or anything...
Also, how do I get my Blazing Copper Mazda 6 Club stickers?!?
I'm gettin ready to do mods, I already tinted the windows. Next is a Vis kit and then maybe rims... I can't lower it or do any performance mods until my warranty is up...right?! because that's what I've been told...
Also, are there any meets or anything in Mich?! My boyfriend's got a Suby and they have meets every tuesday in Novi so... I'm curious to go to some... Please let me know if you have any info that will help me!!!
Thanks,
Chandra4328 :drive:

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
You CAN lower it and you CAN do performance mods before your warranty is up. There are a few stickies at the top of this section that inform you of your rights as a consumer and what you can/can't do in respect to mods. There is a plethora of info on here all at your disposal, use it wisely :D If you can't find an answer to a question you have, feel free to post it up, we will be happy to help.

There is a regional section further down the main forum, you can use it to look for activity in your area.

Welcome to the club!!!

·
Registered
978 Posts
welcome to the club.

what kind of suby does your b/f drive?
[/b]
whatever it is, the 6 hatch looks better!!!

welcome to the club! and great color by the way!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
welcome to the club.

what kind of suby does your b/f drive?
[/b]

he drives an '03 wrx... and also has a '97 brighton impreza (inwhich he just picked up a jdm front clip for)
he's doin a tranny swap on the rex either this week or the next... so...
you can find some of his pics here...
http://www.myspace.com/allan_briggs

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Since you are in Mich, check out the Great Lakes Region...We had a few Michigan members come to the Mid Ohio meet this past weekend, check out the pics! There happen to be a couple of sweet Blazing Copper 5 doors, one is my wife's car!

So check out the pic/video section of the forums. Welcome, to the forums and go on and start modding, both of our 6's are still under the factory warranty, but were still moddin!

Actually, you should get in on Sabrina's Group Buy for Mazdaspeed Springs!

·
Registered
599 Posts
whatever it is, the 6 hatch looks better!!!

welcome to the club! and great color by the way!
[/b]

I have often wondered why you hatchies buy a hatch back? I guess that may provide insight. Truth is the sedan performs better... it's stiffer and handles better. This is why on the Speed6 they went from a hatch concept car to a sedan production model (well they also welded brackets in behind the rear seat for added support)

Anyway, I enjoy the sedan just as much as you guys enjoy your hatches :nana:
Have fun with your zoom zoom

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have often wondered why you hatchies buy a hatch back? I guess that may provide insight. Truth is the sedan performs better... it's stiffer and handles better. This is why on the Speed6 they went from a hatch concept car to a sedan production model (well they also welded brackets in behind the rear seat for added support)

[/b]

i personally thought the hatch plain looked better than the sedan... to me (a 19y.o. girl) the bigger the trunk the better :yesnod:

and i actually started out wanting a m3, but it was just too small...i found this one, an '04 with only 28k miles for $13,999. Plus I absolutely LOVED the color!

Trust me, I will have fun with my zoom zoom :seeya:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Welcome to the club we can always use another girl on here! I too love the hatch however the speed 6 won me over, my orignal buy was going to be an 05 Volcanic loaded hatch but then I test drove the speed and was in LOVE! Anyhow you can mod away regardless of the warranty. springs and CAI and all that can be done... POst up some pics! That color is a great choice

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts

[/b]
:slap: Bring your sedan to SoCal and we'll find out whose handles better! :drive:

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Well, style and functionality are both advantages of the 5-door. I would also question just how much of a difference in stiffness there really is and how much that really impacts performance if at all.

Funny, several people I spoke with last weekend said how they wished the MazdaSpeed would have been a hatch. When I told them the stiffness rationale, even the automotive engineers (and the Ford/SVT insider) told me that's a line of B.S.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Sedan owners... help! Oh ya, forgot... there are none.... LOL :laugh:

I know... it's probably negligible... no worries. Same argument could be made with Cameros (remember them?). T top or no T top... the t top did flex more but the diferance was probably minor...

I'd be interesting to find out the handling characteristics of each.... (well to me anyway)

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
I'd be interesting to find out the handling characteristics of each.... (well to me anyway)
[/b]
I would be very interested as well :cheers:

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
From autox and now track experience, similarly setup sedans and hatches get pretty much the same times.

·
Registered
599 Posts
From autox and now track experience, similarly setup sedans and hatches get pretty much the same times.
[/b]

:D Ya he's right! I'm full of crap basically... I just went searching around and both seem to perform, well very close... so why did I open my yap again?? :huh:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok, so since i started this topic...i guess i'll just add to it :)
question... i want to start moddin my car...
i was thinkin a vis kit, rims, and lowerin it...but in which order do i go?!
and what should i do when it comes to doin performance mods?!
please help!!!!
Thanks, Chandra4328 :drive:

·
Registered
599 Posts
ok, so since i started this topic...i guess i'll just add to it :)
question... i want to start moddin my car...
i was thinkin a vis kit, rims, and lowerin it...but in which order do i go?!
and what should i do when it comes to doin performance mods?!
please help!!!!
Thanks, Chandra4328 :drive:
[/b]

Well, all I can suggest is to look in the other sections... <shrug> I'm sure your answers lie there.
Very helpful... yes I know. But no sense repeating what has already been said. I do suggest http://www.therpmstore.com they have most things you need...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok, i guess i'll try a different route...
i'm a college student, which as many of you know means no money$$$$
so are there any kinds of mods i could right now without having to really save up some money...
just curious...
Chandra4328 :drive: <---I love this lil guy

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
12 Participants
Chandra4328
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing