Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!
I just wanted to take a second to introduce myself since I've posted a few times and I'm sure no one knows who I am! My name is Kim and I'm from Westlake, Ohio (up by Cleveland). I've got an '06 island blue 5-door that I am completely in love with! No mods as of yet...probably won't do much since it's a lease (which is ok in a way, because then I would be pouring tons of money into her!). I'm really excited that I've finally found some people with 6's around the area...finally people to hang out with!

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Welcome. LOVE the island blue, is that a sedan? For some reason I thought it was a hatch-only color. Do yourself a favor and plan to buy out that lease and let the modding begin! :D At a minimum, get those windows tinted and put some black wheels with a polished lip on that thing. There's some pics around here somewhere of that setup on an island blue.

Where are you in Westlake? I used to live in the Hunter's Chase apartment complex right on Detroit Rd. Now I'm down in Brunswick Hills, off rt 303.

If you're looking to get your windows done, there's a decent place in Westlake right on Dover Center and Detroit next to Tuffy called Hreha Reflections, they'll take good care of you. Again, welcome!

EDIT: I think I see a windshield wiper in your rear window. Must be a hatch. If I could do it over again, that's probably what I'd buy, although I do love my Steel Grey :D

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Dan, already invited him to Mid-Ohio, the car show and the Winking Lizard too! Welcome to this board, great group of people!

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Good work Marlon :D He, or she? I guess the name "Kim" could be either. I like how many Ohio people we've got now.
[/b]

Wife just said the same thing! She says we need more women in the club!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am a she :D There's (hopefully) a picture at the bottom (as long as it links right...it's a few months old though). Hehe I'm also 24 - soon to be 25 (on Monday!). My car is a hatch...and the island blue only comes on this version. I think that's why I love it so much is because it's different and it's not something you see every day (I have yet to see another one!). I actually bought it off the showroom floor and they haven't gotten another one in! It's also got the bose/moonroof package.
MZ - I live right off of Bassett between Hilliard and Dover...so not far from where you were! How long did you live in Westlake?

Here are a few more links for my car too...they were taken about two weeks ago up at Hunington Beach in Bay Village

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e384/island_6/2.jpg
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e384/island_6/3.jpg
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e384/island_6/9.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Welcome! I myself am a Newbie too. The Winking Lizard seems to be a nice place to do a g2g, but i can easily see how later in the summer that it would be a pain. The parking lot doesn't seem big enough to hold a lot of cars and other people who want to eat at the Winking Lizard. As far as Leasing then buying, you get rapped big time. Fiance's mother had a leased 97 Chevy Blazer and decided to buy it after the lease was up. She Leased it new, obviously and she just now paid it off. Nearly 10 years later and she just now paid it off. In all honesty, it's a beautiful car, but becareful when the lease is up. Her payments were around 350/month too.

Not to thread jack but, here's my fiance's car that my step-dad's Ford Mo. Discount help get :love:

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I am a she :D There's (hopefully) a picture at the bottom (as long as it links right...it's a few months old though). Hehe I'm also 24 - soon to be 25 (on Monday!). My car is a hatch...and the island blue only comes on this version. I think that's why I love it so much is because it's different and it's not something you see every day (I have yet to see another one!). I actually bought it off the showroom floor and they haven't gotten another one in! It's also got the bose/moonroof package.
MZ - I live right off of Bassett between Hilliard and Dover...so not far from where you were! How long did you live in Westlake?

Here are a few more links for my car too...they were taken about two weeks ago up at Hunington Beach in Bay Village

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e384/island_6/2.jpg
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e384/island_6/3.jpg
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e384/island_6/9.jpg
[/b]

Kim, you are not too far from my wife's office, on Center Ridge, near Porter, across from the hospital. We take our dogs to Misty Glen on Center Ridge & Dover, when they can't travel to meets with us. Look forward to meeting you soon!

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I was in Westlake for about 1 1/2 years. It was nice, but when we got a house we wanted to build a new one, so here we are in Brunswick Hills. I love that island blue man, that is one great color. Do us a favor though and at least take off those dealer license plate frames! :D You don't need to advertise for them without getting paid!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I love that island blue man, that is one great color. Do us a favor though and at least take off those dealer license plate frames! :D You don't need to advertise for them without getting paid!
[/b]

It's actually Lapris Blue Metallic, not Island Blue. It's darker than the Island Blue. Those dealer plates were only on the car long enough to take the pics. She was only a day or so old then they were off :D

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
:drool:

I love the Mazda's shades of blues. Don't get me wrong, I love my glacier, but damn I wish I had a blue, most likely the Island.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Welcome to the club island 6, but the more you're on these forums the harder you'll find it not to want to modify your 6, just be warned! :) :)

:drool:

I love the Mazda's shades of blues. Don't get me wrong, I love my glacier, but damn I wish I had a blue, most likely the Island.
[/b]
:nono: traitor to your own kind! :tear:

:D

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Believe me, it's getting harder and harder not to want to mod it! Not really quite sure what I want to do though...tint more than likely, and I REALLY want a sharkfin antennae - I think they look awesome! (or at least a stubby). I'm so excited that everyone loves the color of my car - it makes me feel special :love: I know I need to get the dealer frames off...at least the front since it's a freakin volvo one and not even mazda! I'm trying to find Mazda frames, but haven't found any that I like yet... I don't want to not have one on there and end up bending the crap out of my plate.

Don't worry glacier...we'll get you over to the dark side of blue :D

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
The sharkfin's removable, if you did turn your car back in you could remove it and sell it off. I just got mine the other day, I'll be installing it today. It does look quite nice.

Tint would look great on that color. Stop by that Hreha Reflections place in Westlake, Detroit Rd and Dover Center Rd., he'll get you hooked up :)

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Believe me, it's getting harder and harder not to want to mod it! Not really quite sure what I want to do though...tint more than likely, and I REALLY want a sharkfin antennae - I think they look awesome! (or at least a stubby). I'm so excited that everyone loves the color of my car - it makes me feel special :love: I know I need to get the dealer frames off...at least the front since it's a freakin volvo one and not even mazda! I'm trying to find Mazda frames, but haven't found any that I like yet... I don't want to not have one on there and end up bending the crap out of my plate.

Don't worry glacier...we'll get you over to the dark side of blue :D
[/b]

You are special, you are a 6 owner! Be forwarned, modding is an addiction! We have no 12 step program or Betty Ford Clinic to help us.....but what the hell, we all make due! Happy B-day in advance!

Marlon

·
Registered
142 Posts
Whoops, I was talking about island 6's pics. Your lapis looks great too :D
[/b]

LOL well you said man, so that's why i was assumming you meant me :nana:

it's all good though

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
7 Participants
msumlin
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing