Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i went for a job interview today. Decided i didnt want to work in the oil fields of alberta anymore. Moneys good, hate the hours and the job, and the drive.... I hate everything but the money.
Looks like I might have a job selling cars. mazda dealership in Red Deer, Alberta. They said the fact that I already own a mazda would help cause i know the product, blah blah, etc. All I want to know is are there any other sales people here that can give me a honest heads up, and the such.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
how comfortable are u in making a good sale, especially in cases where the customer is not ready for a Mazda?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everyone wants a mazda, they just dont know it yet. Im not sure what you mean by "good sale"

·
Registered
102 Posts
As a person who has managed over 200+ auto salespeople in my career, so I recommend the following:

1) Most customers will see right through any BS line, so BE HONEST

2) People buy (services, goods, etc) from people they like. BE ENGAGING

3) People don't want to be left out in the cold after purchasing. BE TENACIOUS IN YOUR FOLLOW-UP

If you feel that you can handle the commissioned sales structure and are thick-skinned to handle rejection ("I'm not buying"), give it a go. Just dont' go into this job with a half-assed commitment.

Just my .02

·
Registered
905 Posts
Meh, i was offered a job selling chevys earlier this week and turned it down. The firm that was doing the training and staffing was just too sketchy and lacking of details for my liking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
Chode6i
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing