Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i wanted some ideas on a sytem install for these of which i have already for a 2006 mazdaspeed 6
1 jl 1000/1 amp
1 jl 450/4 amp
2 jl 10w7 subs
2 Caps
1 Red Top Gel Cel Battery
just want input for the trunk
Fiberglass,wood, plexiglass???

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Sounds familar...but I only used one 10w7 with a 500.1.
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...p;hl=new+stereo

I used a sealed box because I have 0 fiberglass skills. Check out dpspeed's set up - he used a nice box for 2 10's and some electronics.
The 450.4 and 1000.1 are big mothers, so locating them in the trunk with 2 10w7's wil probably require losing the spare, don't you think?
Good luck and look forward to seeing the results.

·
Registered
366 Posts
You can check out my garage and look at my set up. I got 2 12 W6's with 2 500/1s on them, and a 10 farad hybrid capacitor hidden on the passenger side. U could put the 2 amps where the spare tire is, and fiberglass it or sumthing. Good luck with it though.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice system felix i kinda of had that in mind but i want to make a notch in the box for the xbox 360 so its like 2 sealed boxes basically then the xbox is mounted towards the seat. with the armrest customized to have access to the xbox. the plexiglass might be the way i go though after checking your out. And as far as losing the spare tire i could care less. once the box is in there changing a flat is almost impossible anyways lol. Good thing is that both amps are equal in size so i can make it look symetrical somehow. might extend the bottom of the boxes plexiglass to use it as a cover for the amp rack below the box somehow if it fits. Not sure about neons though i want to paint my amps and subs with this black to white paint thats changes color with heat.(from black to white)

So figured id maybe put white strobes. Who knows what i come up with i got all winter to work on it lol. thanks for some ideas though guys

·
Registered
381 Posts
whats the paint name/type?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Thanks. Yeah whats the name of that paint. That would be awesome to have that. Yea i was planning to put neons in mine, but didnt really do it yet. Maybe sumtime soon, cuz i need sum damn light in the trunk lol.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alsa calls it eclipse fades from black to white or blue to white... You can do alot of crazy shit with it http://www.alsacorp.com/products/eclipse/e...se_prodinfo.htm

its expensive as hell for paint. changes at 85 degrees
Eclipse should be applied over a white base. For unlimited possibilities try putting a Candy Concentrate over the Eclipse.

For example Apple Red Candy over Black to White Eclipse will result in a black to Red change
Eclipse can also be combined with any of our other specialty products for truly unique effects.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Thats awesome, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
293 Posts
seeing that the w7s are 750watts each, i think that you would need 2 1000/1's, one might be enough...but..it would be underpowered, i would also suggest the cleansweep if you are still using your stock HU. I just installed pretty much your same setup in someones car about a month ago and it makes a world of difference. With 2 w7s though i think that it might be too much, i would go with a single w7 with that stealth box that they make, this way you can save some trunk space. finally im assuming you are changing your speakers to (450/4) go with jl components if possible, they sound pretty good. This is all just my opinion of course.

·
Registered
43 Posts
slowlancer is absolutely right. I have working in car audio for about 3 years now and the other guys I work with have been doing this for 14 and 24! years. Trust me when I say that 500 watts sounds like shit on a 10w7. Yes they will play and yes the will still hit hard, but nothing like what they sound like with appropriate power. If you are set on the 1000/1 it sounds so much better on the w6's. If you are set on the W7 name you should go with 2 1000/1's. At that point you will need a second battery and a relay or the current drop will be so great your lights will probably turn all the way off while you are stationary.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Sorry for getting off topic but I am looking to get a new 500/1 or used in original shape. Does anyone in this thread now where i can obtain one cheap besides ebay?

·
Registered
246 Posts
20f cap[/b]

20 farad cap? are you kidding? for 1500 watts of power?

that is a whole lotta overkill......who told you that was a good idea? good luck with your electrical system in a few months.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well if you look in the jl brochure it recomends the 500/1 for a 10w7 the 1000/1 for 13w7 im using 2 10w7s so basically as recomended by jl im using the appropiate power. and ive heard a 500/1 on 1 10w7 and a 1000/1 on 1 10w7 . with the 1000/1 on the 10w7 is almost sounds like its killing the speaker lol. the 500/1 when i used that was crisp clean and pounded hard. As far as getting the system done i havent started just yet.. im fiberglassing the whole trunk . the 1000/1 and 450/4 fit perfectly behind the rear seat in between the bracing of the mazdaspeed 6 so gonna mount them there. and ill probably end up using the rear corners to fiberglass in the subs and caps and battery and xbox 360. And first thing im getting soon as im close to done it is a ho alternator. im in no rush since not driving it during winter so gonna take my time and do it right the first time with double layer dynamat extreme and a layer of speedliner over the entire trunk just to make sure lol. got a buddy whose a rep for dynamat and jl so that should help out alot. the cleansweep is way im going also since i talked to him and ill mount a monitor in the top compartment. he also told me about savv headrest monitors that they have a 10" for mazda 3's available so might for the 6. not a fan of headrest monitors but my son would love them. gonna start work hopefully after christmas due to money. And work on the engine at same time. Ill take tons of pictures and we are gonna add a section in our car shops photogallery of project mazdaspeed 6. ill keep everyone updated if they like.

·
Registered
305 Posts
20 farad cap? are you kidding? for 1500 watts of power?

that is a whole lotta overkill......who told you that was a good idea? good luck with your electrical system in a few months.
[/b]
My headlights still dim a little!!!!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
you should probably take a close look at your electrical system...especially if your lights are still dimming after adding a 20f cap. THERE IS a bigger problem there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts