Mazda 6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We would like to announce another great HID kit we have put together. The Katsuro HID kit. What we did was to get some quality Japanese ballasts and bulbs and then keep packaging cost to a minimum.

The result? A super nice HID kit with great parts at a never before seen price for a kit of that quality. This is a much better alternative than buying any kit you can find on eBay for about the same price. You have the support of a store that is established. That's priceless. :D

Of course, you guys benefit from a rebate as always on the retail price ( $250 ): So you get it at 200$ shipped and save $50 dollars

- Completely Plug and Play: Just plug your headlight connectors into the ballasts and insert the bulbs into your headlights!
- 2 years warranty on the ballasts and lifetime on the HID bulbs
- Fits into existing headlights or foglights
- All hardware and installation instructions included
- Japanese quality

You can get your specially priced kit here: http://www.xenonexpert.com/katsuro_sale.html

Ends April 28th

Enjoy! :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
so, what's so special about this one?...I'm contemplating in getting an HID- but 3 to choose from...which one is the most reliable and better buy? Xtec?Apexcone?Katsuro?...not to mention, I would like to add the DDE angel eyes as well...Is this too much, a combo HID and DDE? (planning to use the DDE during the day and HID at night)...who's ever in charge of this, please inform me and just don't try to sell me this just because you want to sell it...I'm ready to purchase...thanks

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Of course, you guys benefit from a rebate as always on the retail price: 200$ shipped and save $50 dollars
[/b]
Im a little confused on this...... whats the actual retail price? 200 or 250? The way it reads is the retail price is 200 and we have a rebate that saves us 50 bucks afterwards.....

Or is the actual retail price 250 and we get a rebate so the actual final price comes down to 200?

Please clarify......

I have been considering getting a HID kit for quite some time now but was waiting until I found something a little more price friendly.....

Im assuming that no one on the boards has a set of these also.......

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
to xenon expert, i have a kit that is identicle to that one sadly i ordered from another company but if i had a question for you do you think i could pm you about it?

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
This looks really good. Does anybody have any experience with these? If this is a true plug and play, and it looks to be, this could be the best deal since there is apparently no mods to the headlight housing. Man, I will probably jump on this. Wait until I have a few glasses of wine tonite.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
This looks really good. Does anybody have any experience with these? If this is a true plug and play, and it looks to be, this could be the best deal since there is apparently no mods to the headlight housing. Man, I will probably jump on this. Wait until I have a few glasses of wine tonite.
[/b]
I PM'd him earlier to see if anyone on here already has one...... it would be nice to be able to ask a member a few questions about the quality/installation/pics of the kit. Im pretty sure no one on here has this kit but wanted to be sure...... I might be the guinea pig on this one if no one else has it already.

What do you mean "mods to the headlight housing." You are going to have to drill your dust caps with this one just like any other one......... the installation of this is going to be the same as the Xtec or Apexcone kit. The only mods you need to do with these kits is drill your dust caps and possibly change the connectors on this kit to fit the size of the stock + and - connectors to your stock lights.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I PM'd him earlier to see if anyone on here already has one...... it would be nice to be able to ask a member a few questions about the quality/installation/pics of the kit. Im pretty sure no one on here has this kit but wanted to be sure...... I might be the guinea pig on this one if no one else has it already.
[/b]
Philter, this seems to be a right on the money deal to me. I've been waiting for something just like this. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure that I am going to jump on this myself, unless we get some negative feed-back. Oliver was quick to reply to me when I had questions about the ApexCone upgrade. At first glance, I might be glad that I waited.

What bulb output are you looking at? I'm between the 4500 and 5000. Leaning twords the 4500.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I was between the 5000 and 6000, leaning towards the 5000. Im in the same boat also, just want to verify if anyone on here has them already to see if they have anything negative to say about them..... I also almost bought the apexcone kit also but decided to wait to see if anything else popped up, hopefully this will be a good kit and we might actually be rewarded for waiting. :D

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I'm going to do this. I just keep going back and forth on output. Oliver recommended the 4500, and I usually go with the experts, which I am not on this topic. Decisions, decisions.

So, Oliver, what would you put on your own car? Help me pick so that I can order.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
i take it back my ballast looks slightly different than this kit lol. anyone have any good pics of an HID install as i'm wanting to do mine tonight and can't search worth a darn on here.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im a little confused on this...... whats the actual retail price? 200 or 250? The way it reads is the retail price is 200 and we have a rebate that saves us 50 bucks afterwards.....

Or is the actual retail price 250 and we get a rebate so the actual final price comes down to 200?

Please clarify......

I have been considering getting a HID kit for quite some time now but was waiting until I found something a little more price friendly.....

Im assuming that no one on the boards has a set of these also.......
[/b]
Hi. Retail is $250 and forum price is $200 :)

What do you mean "mods to the headlight housing." You are going to have to drill your dust caps with this one just like any other one......... the installation of this is going to be the same as the Xtec or Apexcone kit. The only mods you need to do with these kits is drill your dust caps and possibly change the connectors on this kit to fit the size of the stock + and - connectors to your stock lights.
[/b]
Correct :)

to xenon expert, i have a kit that is identicle to that one sadly i ordered from another company but if i had a question for you do you think i could pm you about it?
[/b]
Might look like it but it's not the same I can guarantee it. But sure, I can help you with any questions you might have ;)

i take it back my ballast looks slightly different than this kit lol. anyone have any good pics of an HID install as i'm wanting to do mine tonight and can't search worth a darn on here.
[/b]

Told you :) you can email me. I can send you the Apexcone install guide. I'm sure it will help you even though you nought your kit elsewhere :p [email protected]

I'm going to do this. I just keep going back and forth on output. Oliver recommended the 4500, and I usually go with the experts, which I am not on this topic. Decisions, decisions.

So, Oliver, what would you put on your own car? Help me pick so that I can order.
[/b]
Me? I have 6000K on my car because I had them and they are doing fine. Next time I might go 5000K though. I find 5000K a nice compromise.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
what do you think is better for the money. This kit or the apexcone. im interested in the 5000-6000 range. I want a good mix of white and blue color. Output is no deal cause i dont care, its more of a looks mod.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
seems a little pricey
[/b]
Compared to what? Price seems really good to me considering the good reviews this dealer has had in the past. Customer service isn't free. Good luck with those e-bay sellers.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
200 for HID's from a reliable source is a good price IMO. don't be like the CP-E thing where if it's not CP-E people hate on it.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I like that its till February...So I can wait and see if Santa brought me any HID's... Even if he did at this price i will get the matching Fogs!
Anyone that orders them soon keep us informed on the install and quality!

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
ohhh now i'm thinking of hid fogs lol.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Good deal philter, once I am done blowing money on Christmas gifts I'll see where my smoking credit card balance stands. I think that this is a no brainer if you have been waiting to do this mod.

Looking forward to your review.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.