Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have stumbled across some info on the Mazda6 MPS that will be launched in Paris. It will be gorgeus.

The speedo/tacho will be blue with a metallic finish, the leather seating is in black - and white. The body is further enhanced

Mazda6 MPS specification
Length: 4.670 mm
Width: 1.780 mm
Height: 1.435 mm
Axle-to-axle: 2.675 mm
Engine: MZR 2,3-liter direct injected, 4-cylinder with turbo charge
Cylinder volume: 2.300 cc
Max power: 206 kW (280 hp)/6.500 rpm
Max torque: 360 Nm/3.500 rpm
Power line: 6-gear manual, four wheel drive
Brakes: disks, forward disks ventilated, ABS
Rubber: Michelin 245/40ZR18
Rims: 18"x8 aluminium

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Replying to Topic 'New info on the Mazda MPS'

Nice find Steve. Direct Injection eh? Maybe that's only for the JDM version. Because everything I've read states that US gas is too dirty to run gasoline direct injection.
Where did you find this?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Replying to Topic 'N

I want one SOOOOOOO bad!!!

Is it just stick or automatic too?

Also, curb weight & turning radius?

Colors?

Price?

any links you can provide for this tasty morsel?

This would make getting rid of my '99 Corvette Coupe easier to deal with.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I found an article about the car on a swedish motorsite. Probably, Mazda has put out a press release...

It didn't say anything about manual/automatic, but probably you can have it with manual or tiptronic (my guess).

The article reveals that Mazda6 MPS will have a completely new system for 4WD (!). It provides an active control for grip on all four wheels, even at high speed. I guess it's a boosted version of the DSC.

Colors...well, they talk only about one (probably the one they'll show at the Paris motor show...) - and that's a new nuance called "Silver storm".

The article, although in swedish, can be found here:

http://www.automobil.se/design/article.asp...?ContentId=1958

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Automatic? Vlad, Vlad, the shame. Silver Storm sounds much better than that burnt orange color they have for the MazdaSpeed Protege. Can you say ewwww? Hopefully they'll have a few different colors. Did that article happen to mention price at all?

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Originally posted by kenoka

Automatic?  Vlad, Vlad, the shame.  Silver Storm sounds much better than that burnt orange color they have for the MazdaSpeed Protege.  Can you say ewwww?  Hopefully they'll have a few different colors.  Did that article happen to mention price at all?  [/b]
Nope. Sorry...

·
Registered
246 Posts

If you doubted about it; Mazda did started it's reincarnation, and it's going STRONG!! :D

Great Impreza WRX/ Evo VIII killer.. ;)

Coen

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Originally posted by DuratecPerformance

I think I found my next new car!!!!!

Ohhh yeahhhh.....

Nikolas[/b]
Yes, it sure as **** stands out in the bleak and mediocre medium class today. This car is a killer!!!:D

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

There will be a slight change I'm not goiing to Paris. Because the brother of the wife from the guy who will dirve us lies in the hospital. But we'll see...

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

I hope we get this car in the States. They'd probably have to make a non-direct injection version though. Wonder if they'll go through the trouble.

·
Registered
87 Posts

BMW will be introducing the 760il next year that will be the first direct injection car in the US. If they figured it out to do here with our emission standards, then hopefully others will too. I doubt it though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts