Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased Injen's CAI for my 2014 Mazda 6. CEL kept coming on and I guess I was one of the lucky ones. Injen said that a few have had this problem. I gave them my 6 for R&D to remedy this problem and I was just called up by Injen that testing is now done. I have the NEW prototype and with a repositioned sensor it now has gains of 16 HP and 16 in torque. The current model was putting out 6 HP and 6 pounds if torque. (Don't quote me on the numbers...I was talking to the tech while at work)

I'll be taking my 6 on a road trip for testing and report back to Injen on Monday. They are confident that "this is it." If the demand for the intake is good, an exhaust system is to follow.

I'll keep you all posted and I'll get all stats from Injen and post pics.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Drove home from Injen tonight and YES, you can feel the power. 0-60 came quick with great pick up and 60-80 was even faster. After the drive, I popped the hood and the tube felt super cool. The sensor placement has changed, the bends are different, vacuum hose bung seems larger, and filter seems larger. Here are some pics.

PM me if you are interested in a K&N drop in filter...I'm selling mine cheap.

·
Registered
617 Posts
This is great news! A big thanks for lending your car to them. Based on those numbers, we are looking at 200hp with 199 lb/ft of torque. That should satisfy the majority of us here. Hope fuel economy stays around the same.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For those who have purchased the original Injen intake with the sensor on top of the tube, please contact Injen and they will replace your tube with the new one. If you have any questions please PM me or contact Injen directly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Trying to understand the pert. chart on the new Injen CAI. Two red lines and two blue lines with disparate values...none of which are close to factory specs. Can someone help me understand the power curves and perhaps translate the actual real world gains offered by the redesigned CAI
thank you

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
16WHP on an N/A? I don't believe it until I see dyno sheets.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
16WHP on an N/A? I don't believe it until I see dyno sheets.
hey hey easy now.. an intake lid alone gains 10-15WHP NA... on an LS1... O_O (full add on of a lid smooth bellows and a true ram-air kit from the bottom gains 30RWHP). I absolutely hope that's true.. if it is tint just dropped down on my list of to-do's below the new intake. 200HP (~179 at the wheels is it?) would make me MUCH happier than dark windows :D

Can we get a 0-60 vid or dyno pic? :D

·
Registered
631 Posts
RE:http://injen.com/galleries/products/52020131145SP6073_dyno.pdf
The two sets of curves are confusing to me, as is the fact that all the values are considerably below the published 2014 Mazda 6 specs of 185HP/184torque. Can someone please clarify?
The values are below the Mazda numbers because this graph measures horsepower to the wheels. Mazda's numbers do not account for drivetrain loss.
One set represents torque and one represents horsepower.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
RE:http://injen.com/galleries/products/52020131145SP6073_dyno.pdf
The two sets of curves are confusing to me, as is the fact that all the values are considerably below the published 2014 Mazda 6 specs of 185HP/184torque. Can someone please clarify?
it will be considerably lower than published #'s from Mazda. HP in this manner will be rated and measured at the rear wheels. Mazda publishes what the ENGINE can produce at the FLYWHEEL - BHP measured on an engine brake of sorts. Also that is the old intake dyno plot, I want to see the new one :D

for further clarification - Blue is stock red is with the (old) new CAI.

Worth noting that I didn't notice before. Temps were 10* colder on the stock run vs the CAI run.. both are SAE corrected so it shouldn't be a concern on gains but it is possible. Also worth remembering.. the 5HP gain is easily within margin of error of a dyno :p

·
Registered
7 Posts
new dyno plots...please

Yeah, I'd like to see new dyno plots too. According to the old ones (still posted), the Injen CAI is netting max gains of 3 HP and 4 ft.lbs of torque...not terribly exciting.

·
Registered
926 Posts
if the 16 hp gain is true, this puts it right at 200 hp, i like that XD

·
Registered
34 Posts
it will be considerably lower than published #'s from Mazda. HP in this manner will be rated and measured at the rear wheels. Mazda publishes what the ENGINE can produce at the FLYWHEEL - BHP measured on an engine brake of sorts. Also that is the old intake dyno plot, I want to see the new one :D

for further clarification - Blue is stock red is with the (old) new CAI.

Worth noting that I didn't notice before. Temps were 10* colder on the stock run vs the CAI run.. both are SAE corrected so it shouldn't be a concern on gains but it is possible. Also worth remembering.. the 5HP gain is easily within margin of error of a dyno :p
169HP at the rear wheels is very impressive on this car. <_<

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
LOL!! My mistake. I've driven RWD cars for the 10 years I've had a driver's license up to thise mazda 6. Carry-over brain fart there.. Measured at the POWERED (front in this case) wheels haha.

·
Registered
477 Posts
For those who have purchased the original Injen intake with the sensor on top of the tube, please contact Injen and they will replace your tube with the new one. If you have any questions please PM me or contact Injen directly.
Just shot them an email. Looking forward to the swap.

1 - 20 of 172 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.