Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Auto Express can exclusively reveal the Japanese firm has outrageous plans for the next Impreza. Altering a formula which has proved a success for the past 12 years is a bold move, but the introduction of an Impreza hatch follows Mitsubishi's plans to radically alter its Evo line-up.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Subaru is following Mitsu's plans to radically change their lineup.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Mitsubishi's plans? I don't understand. You mean Subaru? Or is Mitsu making a hatch?
[/b]
Subaru is following Mitsu's plans to radically change their lineup.
[/b]
I don't think either are copying each other. I heard somewhere that new WRC rules make it manadatory that all rally cars be hatchbacks.

For the love of god, bring back the 22b.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't think either are copying each other. I heard somewhere that new WRC rules make it manadatory that all rally cars be hatchbacks.

For the love of god, bring back the 22b.

[/b]
From the looks of the mag cover they are bringing it back in the way of "style." Notice how the new one is 2dr.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
i like the one on the cover a hell of a lot better than the design of the previous ones

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
The wing isn't an issue. It can be swapped almost instantly with any standard wrx owner. Hell, there are even entire threads for WTB and WTS just for the Sti spoilers.

Plus if you REALLY hate it, you can request the dealer remove it or swap with a wrx spoiler prior to buying, most will do it as part of the package.

Now the stupid second up high spoiler of ultimate stupidity...that thing is just !!$!

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
that thing is ugly!!!

hmm.....i think some lines are like the celica....lol

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
crap, i gotta get mine before that style rolls onto the floors!! evo X is pushing it for me, but i'd take that over this thing anyday. i'd like the current lineup with last gen front fascia ideally...that's me

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I think Subie jumped the shark on this one...move over pontiac aztek here comes the new ugliest car ever

·
Registered
990 Posts
The front isn't bad...not a whole lot different than our '06.

I'd like to see the rear, though & see how the hatch looks. If its like the 6 Hatch with a sloping rear window or like a GTI with a fully vertical window.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
The additional rumors are that the upcoming Impreza redesign may also be available in coupe and, believe it or not, convertible forms.

Additionally, the rumors say that the car (as depicted above) above is designed to compete against the VW Golf. It will be smaller than the existing Impreza, though (due to the hatch) it will surely be more practical. Sounds like a winner to me.

As far as looks- relax, guys. That's just some artist's sketch on the cover of AutoExpress. When are those sketches ever accurate? That wing was copied directly from the existing Impreza, as was most of the front. IIRC, Subaru hired some new designers a few years ago, and the Legacy was the first result of that. The Legacy looks rather good, and it's barely heavier than the outgoing Impreza. I bet the new Impreza is both more stylish and lighter than the existing one.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Is it my imagination or does it look as if that car should be a 4-door but they shaved off the rear door handle…suicide doors maybe? Also take a close look through the rear windshield I think the wing has more than one level. :barf:

Just for fun I wanted to give a grading system for the past few years Sti's:

..........Looks...........Perfomance
2004......D+..................A-
2005......D+................. A (improved drivetrain system)
2006......D-...................A (sorry gdspc but I hate the new subie front end)
2008?.....F-....................? (I'm guessing A+ because given subarus reputation I imagine this will only perform better)

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
The Legacy and the Tribeca are not any signs of positive improvement in Subaru design. The Tribeca is the ugliest Subaru ever, and that is a difficult accomplishment. 2006 Aztek Award Winner.

The cover picture looks like a 4-door to me, though the rear handles may be shaved.

I just hope the Impreza improves in quality (the current one sounds very tinny and looks cheap), in interior ambience and exterior style. The wing and hood scoop must go.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I like this one better.

[/b]
Yeah that one is definetly better as the front end doesnt make me gag but the rear is still ugly as sin...looks a llot smaller than the current STi

·
Administrator
8,395 Posts
Yeah that one is definetly better as the front end doesnt make me gag but the rear is still ugly as sin...looks a llot smaller than the current STi
[/b]
:yesnod: :yesnod:

Last I heard was that all Subarus were getting the "corporate" front end that the B9 and Impreza/WRX has. In other words: :barf:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
About this Discussion
44 Replies
25 Participants
Tire Guy
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing