Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just got my HIDs in the mail and i was looking to put them in myself but i cant seem to figure it out. My friends got a Volvo s40 and he takes them out and puts them in effortlessly and im not even close. Is there a thread that shows you how to install them? im too nervous about breaking them to just wing it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
yeah you have to take off the bumper in order to do this. After taking off the bumper and some screws attached to the headlight on the driver's side, you should have more room to put in the headlight bulbs which are located behind the circular dust cap.

This really only applies to the driver side because it is blocked by the air box. You could also remove the airbox instead of the bumper, but I wouldn't do it because u'd risk tripping a CEL.

I've heard people doing it without taking off the bumper, but it really takes about 10 minutes to take off and it will ensure the safety of yourself and the bulbs.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome thanks! but for taking off the front bumper, are the bolts simply just on the top near the headlights or are there more hidden. sorry, im just kinda a n00b at this but i REALLY want to learn.

·
Registered
275 Posts

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
It's easy; I've done it half a dozen times. Just follow one of the 600 DIYs and save yourself some money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts