Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, my name is Jen and I'm new here. I'm not new to forums though. I currently have an 03' Toyota Celica GT-S 6 speed that I have had for a while and I'm really considering making a switch to a beautiful 06 Mazda 6 S Grand Touring edition.

I went and test drove a few models 2 weeks ago and fell in love. I drove a v6 6 speed automatic (it was ok), a 5 spd (v6) and a Mazdaspeed 6 (So much fun!) I decided that a 5 spd S Grand Touring is for me. While the Speed6 was fun as hell, the v6 is much more practical for daily driving. The guy at the dealership tried to tell me that 5 speed S Grand Touring models are so rare and that I will have so much trouble finding one. At the time I accepted that and told him I wasn't going to buy yet. Then I went on the internet and found a dealer here in AZ that has about 6 of the car I am looking for, all 06 leftover models :) Next month I am going to go and try to work a deal with them. I don't plan on modding this car as I have in the past with my old Eclipse and Celica's. My only plans for it are for the stereo system.

Here are a few pictures of the 6's that I am considering. All of them are beautiful in their own way. Decisions, decisions!

Any opinions are welcome.

This blue one is the only one without nav.

This last one I would take if they swap the chrome rims to the stock 18's

Here is my current car:

I look forward to posting with all of you. :wavey:

·
Registered
978 Posts
women who like stick :drool: bet you can get some pretty smokin deals about now, especially since you have so many choices. I like the blue the best, but color choice is such a personal decision. So would a dark interior turn into an oven in AZ? love how the all black looks though.

just curious though, why do you say the v-6 would be the more practical choice? mileage is a touch better on the speed and out the door cost shoud be only about 3-4k more. granted premium fuel adds up, but it's a much faster car with a bit tighter suspension. given what I know now about what the speed6 is currently selling for, I'm sure I would have gone that route. not that I'm unhappy with the v-6, but I'm sure the speed would be a bit edgier.

regardless, good luck in your shopping and hope you get a good deal!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Welcome and good luck making a decision. So many choices and options...imho, the black cherry mica is a fantastic color. You can't go wrong with any of the choices but that would be mine. Have fun and let us know what happens.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
women who like stick :drool: bet you can get some pretty smokin deals about now, especially since you have so many choices. I like the blue the best, but color choice is such a personal decision. So would a dark interior turn into an oven in AZ? love how the all black looks though.

just curious though, why do you say the v-6 would be the more practical choice? mileage is a touch better on the speed and out the door cost shoud be only about 3-4k more. granted premium fuel adds up, but it's a much faster car with a bit tighter suspension. given what I know now about what the speed6 is currently selling for, I'm sure I would have gone that route. not that I'm unhappy with the v-6, but I'm sure the speed would be a bit edgier.

regardless, good luck in your shopping and hope you get a good deal!
[/b]
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVED the speed6. The only thing that bugged me was the turbo kicking in at such low RPM's. The premium fuel costs don't bug me because I have to use that in my Celica now. The dark interior really does turn into an oven in the summer. My celica is all black with leather and it gets really HOT! I know the speed6 is a bit more conservative than say an Evo or STI looks wise, but I'm kind of over all the little ricers coming up and trying to race. I guess what is really fueling my decision is insurance costs and the fact that the turbo kicks in so early. It's so wierd that the 06 speed6 models are selling for almost the same, even in some cases less than the v-6. One thing I will miss about my Celica is the handling compared to the regular v-6.

Welcome and good luck making a decision. So many choices and options...imho, the black cherry mica is a fantastic color. You can't go wrong with any of the choices but that would be mine. Have fun and let us know what happens.
[/b]
Thank you :) I am definetly leaning towards that black cherry color. My ultimate dream would be if they still had that steel gray color :drool:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Gotta love the steel grey! :D

·
Registered
978 Posts
tell ya what...you buy the speed and I'll trade you my steel grey! <<<holding my breath til I'm blue>>>

·
Registered
90 Posts
If you want it for the power get the Speed6, and I honestly dont think you will get any better gas milage with the V-6, as for handling, just get springs and sways, and you will be back to the celica feel! My wife had an 02 celica GT-S and I must say it was a pretty impressivly fast car! Probably out run our V-6's! As for the Turbo kicking in Early.....do you know how many people would Die to have their Turbo kick in Early? Anyways...WELCOME to the 6 forum!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you want it for the power get the Speed6, and I honestly dont think you will get any better gas milage with the V-6, as for handling, just get springs and sways, and you will be back to the celica feel! My wife had an 02 celica GT-S and I must say it was a pretty impressivly fast car! Probably out run our V-6's! As for the Turbo kicking in Early.....do you know how many people would Die to have their Turbo kick in Early? Anyways...WELCOME to the 6 forum!!!!
[/b]
Hehe, you guys are funny. I knew I would be peer pressured into a speed6. I do agree, a celica (gt-s 6spd only) probably can outrun a v-6 mainly because of the lightweight and the high redline. I went out for a fun drive today and it's making me want to keep my celica, but at the same time I've outgrown it and want something a little more family oriented while staying sporty. Freaking decisions I tell ya... :swearin:

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Really Diggin' the Blue! (My 2nd favorite color on a 6).....**But change of subject: Yaa.....I came REALLLLL close to buying the Celica......I enjoyed the test drive,but.........Not enough room for me! But when I saw my 6.....I Fell in love! :love: I'm sure I made the right choice!**

But anyways....Welcome aboard!

Neal S.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts