Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, am new here... not currently driving a 6 but planning to get one soon... currently driving a 06 civic.. thinking of trading it in for a 07 speed6... just wondering.. i was reading a lot of the posts and it seems that there is more or less some problems with the clutch of the 6s and when i went to read a whole bunch of reviews on the car everyone that tested it always said its not a comfortable ride as compare to others cuz its so "jiggly"... is that solely because of the bad clutch adjustments they did or the car itself is hard to keep it smooth because the turbo is kicking it so early??

·
Registered
901 Posts
hey, am new here... not currently driving a 6 but planning to get one soon... currently driving a 06 civic.. thinking of trading it in for a 07 speed6... just wondering.. i was reading a lot of the posts and it seems that there is more or less some problems with the clutch of the 6s and when i went to read a whole bunch of reviews on the car everyone that tested it always said its not a comfortable ride as compare to others cuz its so "jiggly"... is that solely because of the bad clutch adjustments they did or the car itself is hard to keep it smooth because the turbo is kicking it so early??
[/b]
The bad clutch issues are for the most part the 6s(Which is the normal mazda 6 3.0 v6). I havent experience any issues with my 05 v6 mtx. 29k miles and still going strong. :drive:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bad clutch issues are for the most part the 6s(Which is the normal mazda 6 3.0 v6). I havent experience any issues with my 05 v6 mtx. 29k miles and still going strong. :drive:
[/b]
So you are saying that the speed 6 has no issue with the clutch? cuz I was reading on the forum and notice lots of posts about adjusting the clutch pedal so the engaging time is quicker...?? cuz I'm interested in getting the speed6... going to test drive it today probably and really want to see if there is any trouble with the car... and if there is problem with the speed 6 in 06 year... will it be likely to be fixed with the 07s?? cuz I think I can order a 07 now...

·
Registered
901 Posts
So you are saying that the speed 6 has no issue with the clutch? cuz I was reading on the forum and notice lots of posts about adjusting the clutch pedal so the engaging time is quicker...?? cuz I'm interested in getting the speed6... going to test drive it today probably and really want to see if there is any trouble with the car... and if there is problem with the speed 6 in 06 year... will it be likely to be fixed with the 07s?? cuz I think I can order a 07 now...
[/b]
I cant speak for the speed 6 as I have not looked into them that much. But I didnt think there were gonna be any 07 Speed6s. Usually mazdaspeed cars are made for one year and then they are done. In 07 the Speed3s are coming out.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I cant speak for the speed 6 as I have not looked into them that much. But I didnt think there were gonna be any 07 Speed6s. Usually mazdaspeed cars are made for one year and then they are done. In 07 the Speed3s are coming out.
[/b]
You really need to read up a bit more on what you're saying. The 07 Speed6s are already out, and the clutch problems he's describing have to do with the Speed6 only. THere are posts all over the forum about it.

According to members who have driven the 07 Speed 6, the problem has already been resolved in that car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You really need to read up a bit more on what you're saying. The 07 Speed6s are already out, and the clutch problems he's describing have to do with the Speed6 only. THere are posts all over the forum about it.

According to members who have driven the 07 Speed 6, the problem has already been resolved in that car.
[/b]
Oh really?! so its probably worth that extra money to get the 07 then?? cuz IMHO I thought the 06 speed6 had quite a few problems as compare to a lot of other cars... a little too much maybe?? And thanks for clearing out what I asked cuz I was like "wha... i thought it was about speed6 ..."

·
Registered
901 Posts

[/b]
I never said I was 100% postive on anything I said. As I had said I dont know about the Speed6 AS I HAVE NOT READ UP ON THEM MUCH. And if there are 07 speed6s out then thats fine, I dont really care. I was just stating what I thought.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
If he gets an 06 speed6 won't the clutch be cover under warranty if it goes out prematurely?

And I thought the clutch issue was only related to the Speed6 not the 6s?

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
If he gets an 06 speed6 won't the clutch be cover under warranty if it goes out prematurely?

And I thought the clutch issue was only related to the Speed6 not the 6s?
[/b]
Correct and Correct again! There was a TSB for the clutch shudder on the 6s, but nothing like the 06 Speed6's clutch issues.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Correct and Correct again! There was a TSB for the clutch shudder on the 6s, but nothing like the 06 Speed6's clutch issues.
[/b]
Ok.. so here is the issue.. I went to my dealership today.. and hes giving me a OK deal on the 07 speed6... so let me make sure.. from what you guys know, the issues of what the 06 had has been all resolved on the 07? So it should have a pretty normal clutch as to other MTX cars?? cuz I test drove the 06 today and man did i not like the clutch... soft-hard-soft... that is really tough to time ur gear engagement time... any response would be greatly appreciated... thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts