Mazda 6 Forums banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
I"m not a fan, of the 180 degree turn on the rear pipe. Looks like a standard set of headers though nothing fancy. What's the power/torque gain for the accord? How does there stock setup look?[/b]
Ok, I don't claim to be really good at math, but isn't 180 degrees a straight line?

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
why are we giving opinions on headers for an accord as if they were for a 6?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
who knows why they had to make that turn maybe something in the engine bay is in the way?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
why are we giving opinions on headers for an accord as if they were for a 6?[/b]
+1

For all we know that bend is unavoidable on the Accord. I just posted the pic so you can see an "example" of their work. If I've known the bend was going to be such a topic I would have posted pics of the headers for a different car.

Here's another example for an Acura Legend 3.2 V6

Ford Probe 2.5L V6

stock headers for mazda6 3.0

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
hell our headers make the same 180 degree turn. look at the right manifold it makes a u-turn. hell that thing looks closer to 270 degree than 180.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
A smart parts developer will realize that the market for 6 headers is relatively small. Realizing that, he'll need to maximize his volumes to keep costs down and to maximize profits. In order to do that, he'll need to design headers that is compatible for MY '03-'05 and MY '06-'07, assuming that's even possible.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
I don't think it is possible to do that.IIRC there was a write from CPE on why the headers won't fit the 06-up.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
ok allow me to be more specific in what I meant. OUR as in the model I wasn't talking 06/07 as I've yet to see an actual picture. The diagram is nice and all but I'd rather see pictures of an actual exhaust from an 06/07. Also I didn't know you had an 06/07 i thought you had an 04? Either way all I was saying is the 03'05 have that turn that looks more like a 270 degree turn where as from diagrams, the 06'/07' have as said, 2 sharper looking turns.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
ok allow me to be more specific in what I meant. OUR as in the model I wasn't talking 06/07 as I've yet to see an actual picture. The diagram is nice and all but I'd rather see pictures of an actual exhaust from an 06/07. Also I didn't know you had an 06/07 i thought you had an 04? Either way all I was saying is the 03'05 have that turn that looks more like a 270 degree turn where as from diagrams, the 06'/07' have as said, 2 sharper looking turns.[/b]
MY = model year

Apologies, for the confusion.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
ahhh sorry if i came off as an ass lol. i still literally meant "our" :D

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I don't see how w/o changing the oil pan and etc that the 06/07 headers wouldn't fit, essentially they travel the same exhaust path, it's the fact the the CPE headers move the alternater to make equal length long tube headers, if they make shorty header then I think it should be ok.

The Cat back is the same throughout the model years, so how they get from head to catback should be the same for all.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts