Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I'm looking to get some advice from you all as I'm getting ready to purchase a 'newish' car. I have a lot of questions and I'm hoping y'all can help me out.

Cheers.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Welcome! When buying a new 6 you need to decide what generation you want, you said "new ish" so i'm going to guess you want a late 1st gen or early 2nd gen
1st fen gives you your choice at 3 body styles, Wagon, sedan, hatchback. next you get a choice of 2 engines 2.3L Inline 4 or a 3L V6. you have 3 transmissions to choose from, 4 or 5 speed auto or 5 speed manual it has a FWD Drive train and when you put your foot down a good amount of right hand torque steer but nothing that will kill ya
2nd gen gives you the option of the fuel economic 2.5L Inline 4 or you can pick the power house 3.7L V6. this only came in a sedan sadly, but i do think it has a much more sporty look. you have your choice at a 5 speed auto 6 speed auto or 6 speed manual it has an AWD Drive train and has no torque steer from what i've herd
there is also the mazda speed6 which is the turbocharged AWD version that pumps out over 225 WHP but be weary not all speed 6's are taken care of properly but there like carnival rides, a lot of them suck, some of them are ok but then there's that one, that one that's taken care of where the ride operator enjoys his job, it's clean and well maintained and over all, beautiful.
i'm personally rockin an 04 1st gen with almost 200K on it and it still runs like a champ :)
hope you make your pic soon, a lot of people who own these cars don't move on to another make, some times model but they usually stick around i hope to find you in da club soon

·
Registered
73 Posts
Welcome dude! If you get a 1st gen 6, you're gonna love it. (Drove a 2nd gen and can't say I was impressed).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts