Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

new guy Chris here, just have a couple of questions since browsing around the board and some local questions.

- Is the clutch pedal suppose to be stiff as hell?! Compared to all of the 5 speeds I've ever owned, my cars got a really stiff pedal. Plus it's engaging point is really low to the floor as well.

- between 1st and 2nd it feels like the throttle doesn't respond as quickly sometimes, or it's different everytime I run through 1 and 2. I was reading up somewhere about a recall on something similar to this issue but I could be wrong.

- Racing Beat equipment, I've been a fan of their gear since I've had a lot of friends with FC's and FD's that love their equipment for daily/track cars. I saw that RB has a suspension kit with sways and I'm wondering if anyone has a set of these that can offer up opinions on them. I'm not looking to slam my ride, just something with decent street spring rates and a 1' drop is all.

- TPMS, are these required to run other rims or else it'll throw a code? I'd like to try and get a set of RX-8 rims and it looks like people need to buy them with the rim set.

- Trusted shops, you guys know any for performance part installations? oh and also won't take my first born in shop fees?

I don't think I'm going to go nuts with my car or anything. Originally I was eying an IS300 as my sedan, new daily, road trip, people carrier mobile. (I'm a RWD guy at heart) So most of the things I have in mind are just something nice to spruce the car up a bit and make it just a bit different.

and lastly... OE fogs for an 04 non-sport bumper, if you have them, i'll be interested in picking them up... in a couple of months when I get the car.:)

Thanks guys, good to be here

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Welcome. I found my Mazda6 clutch to be really light. I personally think the clutch wasn't strong enough to handle the power and torque of the V6 which is why you read a lot about premature clutch wear on these cars. The engagement point can be adjusted. Coming out of the factory, the engagement point is very high. There is a lot of wasted free-play. I adjusted mine to be really close to the floor. By the sounds of things though, someone might have adjusted your clutch. Do you know if it has been replaced before? If you change to a Stage 2 or 3 clutch, the pedal will be harder to press.

As for the 1st and 2nd feel, it might be the throttle lag that you are feeling.

What year is your Mazda6? I don't remember when TPMS was included as standard equipment.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yay a reply!

Hmm ok it's suppose to be light. But then again your running the v6 model (I have an i4). At the sametime I don't imagine isn't suppose to be as tough as it is from factory. It is a stock clutch that's in there, I guess the question is whether it's been changed in a while, it was my mom's car so could be I need a new clutch. The engagement point feels like its 3 mm from the carpet.

I figure it was throttle lag. Was there a recall notice for this issue?

Mines an 04, maybe TPMS came on later models or on just GT versions. Only reason I ask is because I noticed people selling rims also post up TPMS's with their ad's so I'm assuming that all 6's have this.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Mine was an 04 GT-V6 and had no TPMS. I think it was 2006 and up and only on automatic transmission vehicles. I can't remember if it was the Mazda6 or not, but I remembered that there was a vehicle manufacturer that only put the TPMS on automatics. I think it was Mazda, but I could be wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts