Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Gents!

I'm about ready to pony up and get a 6, but I have a dilemma. I need help in choosing the right car. The first is a 2006 sGT with 18"in. factory rims and a spoiler. It's pretty nice and it only has 319 miles on it. Dealer wants 23000 for it. I test drove this one and liked it ALOT. The other is a 2006 s value edition, with 21,800 miles on it; and the dealer wants 17990(still has the balance of the warranty too). But I haven't test drove this one yet. What do you guys think? By the way unfortunately they are both pebble ash colored.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The Grand Touring has lots more luxury in it than the SPE. I have the SPE but I am starting projects on it to enhance the interior and exterior. The cloth seats are comfy. I test drove a Grand Touring but I think the leather quality was too cheap as compared to the firmness I have in my Audi. Therefore, I went for the SPE since the price was significantly low.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Grand Touring has lots more luxury in it than the SPE. I have the SPE but I am starting projects on it to enhance the interior and exterior. The cloth seats are comfy. I test drove a Grand Touring but I think the leather quality was too cheap as compared to the firmness I have in my Audi. Therefore, I went for the SPE since the price was significantly low.[/b]
Yeah, right now I have an acura, and I can see what you mean about the difference in the leather. I'm not sure about what add-ons I would do. Are some of the upgrades expensive? What kind of projects are you doing currently?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im pretty sure you could get a '06 speed6 for 23,000. maybe even in a color you would like.[/b]
I sure hope so. But I have only see one for sale here (Tallahassee, FL). Maybe I'll have to head over to JAX to see what goodies they have there

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Screw both of those, and Get your ass in a Speed6 instead!!! :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
I sure hope so. But I have only see one for sale here (Tallahassee, FL). Maybe I'll have to head over to JAX to see what goodies they have there[/b]
Sorry but I just snatched the last 2006 Mazdaspeed6 here in Jax last Saturday. :nana:

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I bought my 2006 6S: V6 with the sport package, with manual trans, Bose package (not worth the $), moon roof in 2006 with 7 miles on it for $21,000 out the door. Shop around brother. And dont completely listen to the haters that own speeds. They are the top of the Mazda6 line but any model will be a blast to own. It's all what you want to do with it. And what your budget is. Insurance and the high octane need to be added into a speed purchase.
Happy hunting!!!!! Good luck!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bought my 2006 6S: V6 with the sport package, with manual trans, Bose package (not worth the $), moon roof in 2006 with 7 miles on it for $21,000 out the door. Shop around brother. And dont completely listen to the haters that own speeds. They are the top of the Mazda6 line but any model will be a blast to own. It's all what you want to do with it. And what your budget is. Insurance and the high octane need to be added into a speed purchase.
Happy hunting!!!!! Good luck!![/b]
Thanks for the info. The Bose package sucks? That's a first. By the way Jax6s you suck. Where did you get your 6 from? Was it Mazda City?

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Thanks for the info. The Bose package sucks? That's a first. By the way Jax6s you suck. Where did you get your 6 from? Was it Mazda City?[/b]
Yes the Bose package is a shit knock off. I have had better sound in American built cars. You can find this fact noted all over this site.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yes the Bose package is a shit knock off. I have had better sound in American built cars. You can find this fact noted all over this site.[/b]
The Bose stereo has been swell to me. For a mere 200-watt system, it sounds pretty good, but the only complaints I would have involve the lack of mp3 capabilities. I see you have Deftones' White Pony album as your avatar. That CD sounds fine in my 6. To get on topic here, I would probably go with the 6s with the lower mileage. It might be a few grand more, but it's also a higher trim level with more goodies. The difference in mileage is quite extreme as well between the two cars. The first choice is significantly lower and a bit more valuable due to its trim level. Either way, it's a 6. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Bose stereo has been swell to me. For a mere 200-watt system, it sounds pretty good, but the only complaints I would have involve the lack of mp3 capabilities. I see you have Deftones' White Pony album as your avatar. That CD sounds fine in my 6. To get on topic here, I would probably go with the 6s with the lower mileage. It might be a few grand more, but it's also a higher trim level with more goodies. The difference in mileage is quite extreme as well between the two cars. The first choice is significantly lower and a bit more valuable due to its trim level. Either way, it's a 6. You won't be disappointed.[/b]
Cool, thanks for the info. I think I'll do a bit more searchin' for a speed6 or a GTs...................can't wait to have my own personal 'Zoom, Zoom' :drive:

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Thanks for the info. The Bose package sucks? That's a first. By the way Jax6s you suck. Where did you get your 6 from? Was it Mazda City?[/b]
I got it from Duval Mazda.

I don't think Mazda City has any.

Tom Bush Mazda only have the 2007.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.