Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just signed up here since I'm 99% sure I'll be getting a new 07 Mazda 6 Sport VE (auto unfortunately) - since other family members might have to drive it sometimes. I've just got to check on insurance and drive down to Dover to finalize everything. The price is ~$18.5 w/ tax & tags included, which seems like a pretty decent deal.

I currently drive an 04 Honda Civic Coupe leased till the end of June, so the 6 will sit at my grandpa's till then and be driven very little. Since he is paying for the car I plan to make payments and eventually buy the car from him once I graduate from U of D and get a "real job."

I haven't decided on a color yet, but It's between Tungsten Grey or Black. Anyone willing to sway me either way? No mods are planned aside from a tranny cooler, tint, and eventually some RX8 Black Chrome 18's.

Here's the current car. The 6 should be a major upgrade. I was really impressed with the stock handling of the 6 compared to the Civic. And the interior of the 6 doesn't even begin to compare to the Honda.

·
Registered
102 Posts
First off, welcome. There is tons of information on these forums... more than you could imagine.

And... 18.5$ for an 07 with the V6? Thats a great deal.

Post pictures of your ride once you get it, and again, welcome.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First off, welcome. There is tons of information on these forums... more than you could imagine.

And... 18.5$ for an 07 with the V6? Thats a great deal.

Post pictures of your ride once you get it, and again, welcome.
[/b]
Sorry didn't specify. Its a I4 not the V6. Still a hell of a lot more power than the Civic though.
Im no stranger to forums. Hell I'm on far far too many already. Between Local car forums, Civic forums, Supraforums, and forums for my other 2 previous cars, a Toyota Corolla and Pontiac Fiero I think I've got an addiction to these things.

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,575 Posts
Welcome to the forum. If you're picking up the car around this time, you may want to check for leftover 2006 models. There are really no changes, and you will save alot more money. Good luck with your purchase!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Also... go before the end of this month or next month and you're gonna save TONS!
There was a forum here stating that if you go towards the end of a month, you can get a BETTER deal from them... and if you go towards the end of the month, man... you're gonna be saving TONS!!
GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Hey, just signed up here since I'm 99% sure I'll be getting a new 07 Mazda 6 Sport VE (auto unfortunately) -
[/b]
Heyyy Now,....Nothing wrong with Auto :nana:

ahhaa but Welcome! :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Heyyy Now,....Nothing wrong with Auto :nana:

ahhaa but Welcome! :D
[/b]
Yeah, except that i'm 21 and don't know how to drive a stick :( This will be my 4th car, all have been auto. The Honda is a lease that my sister drives occasionally. My dad figured she'd be going through clutches constantly, which is probably good rationale. She can't drive worth shit, but thats a story in itself. There's frontend damage on the Civic, you just can't see it in the pic I posted.

Thanks for the welcome. Just been reading around, planning mods that I probably shouldn't bother with, but I can't help myself. I foresee a RSB sometime in the spring.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got the car a few days ago and ive already racked up 500 or so miles. Its Onyx black and so far its great. The only real complaint I have are the stock Michelins. They're soft, loud, and have horrible wet & dry grip. They're so much worse than the Falken 512's on the Civic. I can only imagine what they'll be like when snow comes.

I guess I need to wear these down fast and throw some Neogens on. Other than that and the antenna on the roof I love the car.

Oh yeah, is 1-1.5K miles sufficient for break-in? Its really annoying keeping the car under 3500 rpm.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Congrats on your purchase!
You've purchased the same car I'm looking to purchase. I've figured invoice - rebates + tax is about $18.5k. Can you tell me what the purchase price was before tax, title, etc? Were you able to get below invoice? thx.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
I'm trying hard to figure out where your house is. I grew up in Hockessin, DE- specifically in Mendenhall Village. Hockessin isn't that big, I've seen it all!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm trying hard to figure out where your house is. I grew up in Hockessin, DE- specifically in Mendenhall Village. Hockessin isn't that big, I've seen it all![/b]
I'm not far from mendenhall at all, just drive down rt. 7, take a right onto Valley rd. and Southwood rd. is on the left next to the soccer fields / library (actually they're baseball fields now) If you know where Saint Anthony's pool is, the other end of Southwood Road is right down the road from it. How long ago were you in Hockessin? I've lived here since 1987.

And man, you brought back a really old thread. I haven't done anything to the 6 since I got it (except getting some curbrash on one wheel.... doh) but I'd like to throw a RSB on sometime this summer.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Yeah, I definately know where that is. I haven't lived their since I started college in... 1998. I moved there in 1987 too, I think. 2nd grade.

I took karate at the Korean Martial Arts Institute (Lantana Square) and ate pizza at Prima's Pizza (two slices and a coke for $1.99, those were the days). I realize I'm several years older than you, but I used to DJ all the St. Mary's dances though high school and college- ever go to one of those?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah I went to a few St. Mary's dances, though my sister went to more than I ever did. Can't say im much of a church-goer these days.... I took Karate at that place as well for a little while when I was younger, though I lost interest pretty quickly.

Do you remember Sav-A-Cent? I remember being so pissed when they got rid of it. Thank god we have a Wawa now. I was always partial to Pats and Two-Cousins instead of Prima's. I'm up at the University now, but will be graduating in a few days and unfortunately moving back home for now. It's OK here, but I need to get away.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts