Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...I'm new to this board and just thoght I'd say hello. Not many people from the US huh? That's ok...after my test drive today, I couldn't help but get one. Yup...simple as that. I've been doing research for the past month and found everyone's comments on this board VERY helpful. I hope to see more M6 people from the US posting topics. Well, off to dream off my car and it's delivery (between now and 3 months :wtf ). Hope to chat with everyone more...cheers

:cheers

-NY Mazda6

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'New Guy =D'

Congrats!

The bad news: hell awaits you. I waited almost four months for mine after I ordered it. Has had it for a bit over two months now. Awesome car!

Chat on, dude!:)

·
Registered
657 Posts

I feel bad... I went into the dealership, they had the EXACT car I wanted in stock, I took delivery in 2 days. I WAS going to wait 3 months for a Jetta wagon 1.8T, so I sorta know how you feel. Either way, it'll be worth the wait, trust me. :D

·
Registered
657 Posts

OH, and since you're in NY....

Go to Anguili Mazda in Staten Island, and talk to John. Tell him Jordan sent you, and they'll treat you well. Best dealership experience I ever had.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thanks for the warm welcome guys :hoho
I wanted to get the Bose system w/ the car but the dealer suggested after market mods would be better suited to my taste. Now I'm not a super bass head (but I was...maybe still am)...i was reading the stuff (took an hour or so...heh) in other sections but was wondering if anyone has already made mods to the stereo...any pics or suggestion. I know...hahah...I don't even have the car yet but I know the stock one isn't enough. lol...can't help it...any more suggestions from this great forum would be appreciated...thanks again all

-NY Mazda6

p.s. Nooooo...steve6....hell u say....i can't wait that long....def will be hell..maybe i'll sleep till then...dreamin of my 6 :zzz

·
Registered
657 Posts

If you need a system done up, drop me a line. I've been designing installs for about 12 or so years. Just let me have a budget, what types of music you're into, and what you want out of your system (heavy bass, great quality, a biit of both, ect.)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Hey Entro...thanks for the offer. I may have to take you up on your offer when I get more $$$. Well, I listen to everything but right now I'm into the Hip Hop scene b/c of my DJ'ing job. So that's why I said I'm kind of a Bass head - full range Kicker box w/ 600 watt amp in my ole '94 Rodeo...fergot what else. It was loud though - tee hee :sarc I'm just curious if anyone else has mod'd their stereos yet - have you? I've read other posts and am waiting on some other fellows to see their results.

cheers

-NY Mazda6

·
Registered
657 Posts

Get back to me in about a month, maybe less. I just put the alarm in today, and let me tell you, being the prototype is a BITCH. I sat there for 7 hours while they put the alarm in blind. No tech sheets were out yet for the 6. :(

The system comes just as soon as I can find a brand of amps I want to go with in my final install. I have 2 US Acoustic amps sitting here, but for competition, you need a "name" brand. US Acoustics are some of the most reliable amps out there, true tanks, but IASCA judges want a brand that says you have the money. I'm thinking Memphis , but maybe PPI, Kicker or Soundstream. Memphis would be nice, but I can't find a damn dealer that sell them. :sarc

But yeah, I'll not only have pics of the finished product, but also step by step through the install, as per IASCA ruling.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Thanks fer the welcome WhoDiddy :hoho

Entro...I hope the alarm install went well...7 hrs...yikes...I prob woulda been bitin my nails the entire time. Ahh...so you're gonna make your car worthy for competition huh. Daim...nice. I probably won't go that route. What kinda setup are you planning on putting in your car. I'm just curious. I honestly will prob want to replace the 4 stock speakers with some quality ones (any suggestion anyone)...then maybe go with two 10's or sumthing in the trunk...while avoiding taking up alot of trunk space...custom box I suppose. What would others out there (who would put a system in their 6's) do or plan on doing? Sry if this is suppose to go in the Visual/Audio Sec...talk to me people, I'm curious!!

-NY Mazda6

get jiggilin baby :tit

·
Registered
657 Posts

up front I'm going to keep the stock Bose H/U, while mounting an Audiocontrol Three.1 EQ/crossover/line driver in the center dash pocket. That'll lead down into two amps (havent decided which brand yet); that will send at least 150w to each side of the Phaze Audio components in front, and about 700w to a single Image Dynamics IDMax 12" in the back. Nothing flashy, most likely a fibreglass box/amp rack in the back. The actual trunk design is driving me nuts, because the woofer is HUGE, and I want to save as much trunk space as possible.

·
Registered
88 Posts

Hey everybody. Another new guy here from New York. I picked up the car yesterday and I'm loving it. Entro, where did you get your alarm put in? I want to get one installed soon but don't want to be the guinea pig if there is no tech info out yet.

·
Registered
657 Posts

That's a pretty big difference in amps, since Crossfire is technically a "budget" line (although they make fine amps) and PPI is the higher end of the midlevel amps. Personally, if you're on a budget, you can't go wrong with US Acoustics. They're solid, built like bricks, are severely underrated as far as power goes (expect 25% more power than what they rate it at). if you go for a more expensive amp, Phoenix Gold Tantrums are nice, as are Memphis (good luck finding them); Monitor-1 (Made by ARC audio); Kicker, Hifonics GenXI, JL Audio (I hate JL, but their amps are some of the best on the market); ect ect. For budget, Planet Audio is solid, as is Clarion and Blaupunkt (surprisingly); Autotek, Cadence, JBL, Hifonics Zeus/Z-series, ect. Basically, just stay away from Sony and Audiobahn, and no name brands at flea markets (like Legacy, BOSS, Pyramid, ect.). Rule of thumb: if they print 1000 WATTS! or some crap like that on the amp, it's shit.

There's tons of choices out there, no need to limit yourself.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

Originally posted by Entropism

That's a pretty big difference in amps, since Crossfire is technically a "budget" line (although they make fine amps) and PPI is the higher end of the midlevel amps.  [/b]
which is why i mentioned both

there are 3 shops in my area that carry memphis audio. expensive, but their amps are some of the best

·
Registered
657 Posts

Actually, I've been hearing the opposite lately. That Memphis are overpriced for what you get. I'd love to get my hands on one to test out, and who knows, I might get them, test them, and resell them later. But until they fix out their mess of a website, I can't even find a dealer to buy from. :sarc

1 - 19 of 19 Posts