Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I've had an 05 6i since 2007 and have always wanted to change out the disgusting beige cloth. Well, I finally did. Found a grey leather kit on eBay for 150 bucks (Katzkin) and got my girlfriend to help me install this weekend. Let me know what you think! This is just after install so I have some tightening to do in some spots. Door panels still need to be done as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
By the way, you have a seat mount bolt loose on the drivers side.
Ha! What an eye. Show us another picture when you get the door panels done and finish the stretch job. It looks like quite a improvement over the cloth.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha! What an eye. Show us another picture when you get the door panels done and finish the stretch job. It looks like quite a improvement over the cloth.
Will do! I haven't had any free time since we finished the bulk of it but I'm hoping to get it done this weekend! Will definitely get some pics up

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks pretty good, especially for the price. It will be interesting to see how they wear.
By the way, you have a seat mount bolt loose on the drivers side. :)
Yes, good eye! Its been a pain, it came out easily when I took the seat out but for some reason won't go back in. It stops about half way through. I thought it was the wrong bolt but they're all the same, i marked where each came from. Not sure how to fix it!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
looks pretty good, especially for the price. It will be interesting to see how they wear.
By the way, you have a seat mount bolt loose on the drivers side.
Yes, good eye! Its been a pain, it came out easily when I took the seat out but for some reason won't go back in. It stops about half way through. I thought it was the wrong bolt but they're all the same, i marked where each came from. Not sure how to fix it!
That's a pretty sure bet that at it's cross threaded. It's also possible that you have mildly buggered the threads. Be careful and try and get it straight. I've reset numerous mildly crossthreaded bolts this way. Hano in there and work slowly and carefully. You'll get it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts