Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spied in the Bahamas apparently filming for the new James Bond movie. Lord, this thing is gorgeous! Will we get this in the US? Of course not!

Story and more photos

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
This is why (in part) Ford is in death throes. Ford needs to bring the cool cars to the U.S. and stop shoving bland sh** down the consumer's throats.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i like everything besides the back of the car, it looks like it got cut off, not a fan.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I mean, damn! I work at a Ford dealer. I see stuff like this and it just pisses me off. :swearin: We're struggling to get new and exciting products. Meantime, Europe has a newer, better Focus, a Focus Cabriolet and stuff like this coming down the pike. Now, honestly, alot of the Euro designed stuff we've had has been kind of junk (think Contour, Cougar), but at least they are cycling their products to keep them fresh!

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is why (in part) Ford is in death throes. Ford needs to bring the cool cars to the U.S. and stop shoving bland sh** down the consumer's throats.
[/b]
Agreed. Why does Ford USA think we don't want cars like this? If it's simply a numbers thing (ie risking too much to put cars like these in the mainstream), then rebadge your best European and Australian Fords as Mercurys (as GM is doing with Opel/Saturn). They would probably sell better at the upscale Lincoln/Mercury dealerships anyway, but quit making Mercury a rebadged version of what the Ford dealer has (no wonder Mercury is in sad shape, too). I could see that bad boy as the next Mercury Cyclone.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Holy Acura TL from the front 3/4 view Batman! That's not a bad thing by the way. I see a ton of acura, a little E46 BMW (the body crease on the side) and a little Evo X concept (the lower grille) in that car. It's easily far better than anything ford has stateside (aside from the GT and the mustang, if that's your thing). Ford would be idiotic to not bring that car here...screw the fusion.

·
Registered
990 Posts
wow...looks good. There seriously need to bring this over.

I like the Gallardo-esque wheels. Check out the rear tires...they look really wide (for the size of the car). Nice.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Ford USA = suck
Ford Euro = sweet

way to fail your home country again ford...

·
Registered
752 Posts
i loved watching touring races on the speed channel when they raced mondeos.
its supposed to be equivalent to the us ford contour i think, ours will never look that good

·
Registered
807 Posts
looks nice, is that a 5-door or 4-door?

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,533 Posts
Nice!

I'll go with Toyo Guy on this one. Bring the Euro Ford models over here and badge them as Mercury. It makes perfect sense, the more "vanilla" products with the Ford badge, the more stylish (and hopefully more powerful) vehicles with the Merc badge.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Ford USA = suck
Ford Euro = sweet

way to fail your home country again ford...
[/b]
don't forget Aussie Ford...they have the very cool Falcon XR6 Turbo (among others).
4.0L I6, 320hp/330lb-ft

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
damn ford sucks balls...why arent there any cool fords in the US? (No I'm not ocunting the GT cuz noone can afford it and I'm not counting th mustang because everyone can afford it :p)

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Looks pretty decent. Like a more well put together version of the Fusion.

·
Registered
531 Posts
^
It looks like a Sentra.
[/b]

LOL yeah but it still looks good.

That Mondeo looks damn impressive! If the Ford badges weren't on it, I'd never guess it was a Ford design.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll go with Toyo Guy on this one. Bring the Euro Ford models over here and badge them as Mercury. It makes perfect sense, the more "vanilla" products with the Ford badge, the more stylish (and hopefully more powerful) vehicles with the Merc badge.
[/b]
Exactly. Why pursue Buick customers with Mercury? Why not go after the BMW, Audi and Lexus import shoppers with Mercury? I think import shoppers are more likely to cross-shop among different brands than the Buick buyer. Here's how I see Mercury's lineup could look as a true import fighter (vs. the aborted attempt with the Merkur):

The aforementioned Mondeo

For a people hauler, have the S-MAX:

A small, sporty car could be the Fiesta ST:

A performance rear-drive sedan with the Falcon GT (could be called the Marauder):

A unique performance pickup with the Pursuit:

And a crossover SUV with the Territory:

Perhaps give these cars recognizable Mercury names from the past or make up some good new ones. Either way, draw from your own vehicle portfolio, bring them here and see how they do. What have you got to lose, Ford? Your current product strategy sucks and this would appease those of us who drool over your non-US offerings.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts