Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my exhaust in today. I ordered it from RPM and holy shit, what a good price. Everywhere i looked i saw it for $600 plus, got it from RPM for $449 delivered!
I baught the Magnaflow Catback and it looks awesome! Itching to put it on this weekend. :love: I'll post a sound bite before and after.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I got my exhaust in today. I ordered it from RPM and holy shit, what a good price. Everywhere i looked i saw it for $600 plus, got it from RPM for $449 delivered!
I baught the Magnaflow Catback and it looks awesome! Itching to put it on this weekend. :love: I'll post a sound bite before and after.
[/b]
nice ya i got that too a while back, i get a lot of compliments on how it sounds cause its not all ricey and crap. did u order the kartboy hangers cause the exhaust tends to bang against the tow hook? if u dont, it gets annoying. Best of luck to u, the exhaust is kinda loud int he cabin especially for us i4's but if u turn up the music it doesnt really bother neone.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No i didn't order the hangers but thanks for the heads up! I tend to blast the shit out of my stereo anyway, but i think i'll be enjoying the sound.

·
Registered
233 Posts
No i didn't order the hangers but thanks for the heads up! I tend to blast the shit out of my stereo anyway, but i think i'll be enjoying the sound.
[/b]
u need the hangers, i went without the hangers for a while the banging was loudddddd and u shoudl get em before u put the exhaust on cause ur gonna have to take everything off again to install the hangers. http://www.allwheelengineering.com/basket/...y_class=KB-m006

·
Registered
2,118 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Is this a DIY install?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, here is the video

Click to play
Yes it was a DIY( do it yourself) for those who don't know. It only took me about 45 min from old to new, easy as pie! Sounds great but aimdonutz was right about the Kartboy hangers being needed, i can see how that occasional klank could get annoying. Other than that it seems to add a lil more in that first to second transition that we all bitch about, also seems a lil peppier throughout the gears. Excellent product, RPM had very quick delivery, and very easy to install!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As you can see i have an ovular barrel muffler and yours is round, I think its just cause its the new model

Sounds sweet!

Can you please post some pictures of how it looks from behind? I'm not too happy about magnaflows looking shorter on i4's; doesnt look good. Any way to fix that?
[/b]
Thanks! Not that wouldn't take some new lengths of pipe and some welding!

was there any choice of tips? urs doesnt look like my magnaflow exuhast look here are pics
[/b]
Not that i saw on the site, you could always call.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Not too bad. Im getting the Injen SES super catback exhaust. But havent had time to go pick it up and get it installed yet. But cant wait though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts