Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last time I had the results up I had 176 hp and was a bit disappointed in the shop that did the tuning. As promised here are the new results with DSR performance shop tuning. In addition, the TB was bored out and polished. At fisr, Even with the TB mod, I dynoed at 176. + -. The tech tweaked the AF towrds more lean and really paid attention to every part of the curves and adjusted accordingly. I am pretty happy with the results now. Next is headers and we'll see how that turns out.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I would have thought you should dynoed a little higher being the 6sp ATX.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Last time I had the results up I had 176 hp and was a bit disappointed in the shop that did the tuning. As promised here are the new results with DSR performance shop tuning. In addition, the TB was bored out and polished. At fisr, Even with the TB mod, I dynoed at 176. + -. The tech tweaked the AF towrds more lean and really paid attention to every part of the curves and adjusted accordingly. I am pretty happy with the results now. Next is headers and we'll see how that turns out.
[/b]
You mean the tech made it more rich. Run #21 shows an a/f ratio closer to 13.8-14.2 (hard to tell exactly with out having the run file) where run #27 shows a mixture closer to 13.0:1

13.0:1 is certainly a more desirable air fuel ratio. I wish some company would come out withsoftware to tune these. The power enrichment delay (that lean area in the begining of every pull) is just killing low end power and torque..

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Now that I've looked closer, I'm curious how they got so much more power below 3700rpms where it looks like the A/F is the same before and after.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice, any pics of the TB?
[/b]
NO. I was so excited to put it on that I totally forgot to take the damn pics.

I would have thought you should dynoed a little higher being the 6sp ATX.
[/b]
Sorry for asking, but what is the 6S P? What is the P? :doh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts