Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know if anybody has installed this alarm into their car yet....I currently have the 2W8000FM installed in my car!! The Pro seems like a alarm that is pretty exclusive and comes with everything my alarm has plus....
New Brain: CM4000
New Remote: 2W9000FMR
Coded Valet SwitchCoded Valet Switch

Knock Sensor with coded knocking for disarm/unlock. This is incase you lock yourself out, you have a coded sequence for the "RPS" or known as "knock sensor" to allow you to gain access into the vehicle.

Upgradability: If you only installed the alarm portion, and wanted to add remote start, its a simple unplug, upgrade "brain" with remote start, add additional wires to hook up and you're done. Not removal of whole alarm unit, install of alarm & starter unit.
Saves you time and $$$$

Improvements:

If for example, someone was to set off your "warn" zone, your pager will beep with the warn. If they were to open a door right after that, your pager would not show you the door, because its still indicating to you its a "warn" trigger. Your alarm would be going off fully when the doors open but it will not page you with door open.

On this new unit, it will override more important zones such as door trigger, hood trigger, trunk trigger, over warn trigger.

Back-Up Battery input is now available on the compustar unit including the remote start unit.

Built-in Temperature sensor, that allows you to set up Coldstart AS WELL as WARMSTART. You can set it so that if your vehicles interior temperature drops below a certain degree, it will remote start as well if your interior temperature is above a certain degree it will remote start, to warm up or cool off your vehicle.

Obviously still the same great features, works on automatic and manual transmission vehicles. Also does diesel.

Improvements on the remote controller:

For manual transmission users, the pager has an icon that will indicate if remote start is available (if reservation mode is set)

Will also display auxilaries.

Temperature is displayed on the LCD

It has a time start. You can set what time you want your vehicle to start at for example 8am everyday.

Voltage check indication: Everytime you query your vehicle, it will show you a status of voltage of your vehicle.

Alarm clock: Say for example you park your vehicle at a meter or you park in a pay lot, you can set yourself an alarm clock that will count down for you to remind you that you have run out of time in a paid parking area.

Drivelock: Indicates that it is activated. It locks the vehicle when you start the vehicle for safety, and unlocks as you turn off your vehicle.

Anybody with inputs on this new bad boy alarm???

·
Registered
246 Posts
Compustar has always made awesome products! Depending on cost it may not be worth the upgrade for you personally.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Bump for a review on this nice piece of technology (althought VERY expensive)! Anyone???
Winter is coming....just wondering if it's worth the price my shop is asking (899$) !!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts