Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was driving down the canyon yesterday and i felt my clutch slippping like a bitch and then followed by the one smell i hate. So now i am looking on the rpm store web site and i think i want to get the Clutch masters stage 2 but do i have to get a new flywheel too or can i stay with the oem one. Please let me know.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
QUOTE (natman @ Jan 18 2009, 12:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1506003
So i was driving down the canyon yesterday and i felt my clutch slippping like a bitch and then followed by the one smell i hate. So now i am looking on the rpm store web site and i think i want to get the Clutch masters stage 2 but do i have to get a new flywheel too or can i stay with the oem one. Please let me know.[/b]

There's a group buy going on (at least I think it's still going on) http://www.6crew.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5491

great price on stage 2 + FW.

·
Registered
69 Posts
You can stay with your current flywheel, but the shop will want to turn it to make sure the mating surface doesn't have hot spots. Expect to pay $20-50 depending on the shop.

Keep in mind that the clutches listed on the RPM site are not the only options. I picked up an ACT clutch from carolinaclutch.com, and it's in the shop being oput in with an Exedy flywheel now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
dannyac
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing