Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got sick of dealing with my neck injuries from the shift shock this car produces. I went down to the dealer and set up a time and today was the day and in less than a hour my car is driving like it was 2 miles old..minus the shock. Seems as the the shift isn't as laggy either.

Guy was telling me there was a recall for the symptom and he went ahead fixed the two things and I was off.

Just thought I'd share my great news. heh

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
msp10? Whats that?

edit: ahah, guess I should read my receipt better. Yeah, said "performed open recall MSP10."

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Search, "MSP10, Mazda" in google and you will read all about it. heh

I have an 04 5door "i"

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Shift-shock for the win.

Smooth-shifting cars are for sissies.

See: Toyota Camry.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Search, "MSP10, Mazda" in google and you will read all about it. heh

I have an 04 5door "i"
[/b]
Oh well :sarc: It was worth a try :) My 05 6i only does the insane shifting when it's really cold, it seems alright after it warms up for a while.

Glad to hear you got it fixed though :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Oh well :sarc: It was worth a try :) My 05 6i only does the insane shifting when it's really cold, it seems alright after it warms up for a while.

Glad to hear you got it fixed though :)
[/b]

I had my 05 6i shift shock fixed with the MSP10.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I had my 05 6i shift shock fixed with the MSP10.
[/b]
I'm almost afraid to get an update with my CPe intake, I haven't heard many people saying one way or another if they had any problems with it.... hmmm :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
My 06 6i has about 6,000 on it and honestly i'm not sure if its as good as it should be. It definitely shifts better than it did the first 2,000 miles but its still a little "sticky" in M-mode. I'm starting to predict the tranny shift, in ratio to what rpm its at when i gear change and how much gas i give it. As the winter approaches and the cold sets in it couldnt hurt to bitch for an update. I'm almost due to the 8,000 checkup so i'll see then.

This might be a stupid question but did that MSP10 upgrade cost anything? I'm assuming its free to ask.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts