Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been 6 months or so since I traded in the 6s for a 2006 350z, and I thought I would post a video of each one launching to compare the sound. The 6s had magnaflow cat-back and CP-E MAFci non-tuneable intake, and my Z has a JIC y-pipe and Fujitsubo Legalis-R system (from the y-pipe back). When I first put on the new exhaust a month or so ago I couldn't tell if I liked it more or less or the same as the setup on the 6. But it has definitely grown on me and now I am convinced. I know they are two completely different animals for so many reasons, but I thought a comparo would be fun. Sorry 6'ers, that VQ35 engine just friggin screams! But you be the judge. This may serve as a decent reference for anyone who is trying to convince themselves to trade in for something much less practical :drive: Enjoy!

Old car: Mazda 6s

New Car: Nissan 350z

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
hands down the VQ sounds sweet!

i've heard a bunch of em but my friends g35 with the big 3...headers, intake, exhaust sounds AMAZING! can't even describe it!

G35 very well MAY be an option for my next car!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
hands down the VQ sounds sweet!

i've heard a bunch of em but my friends g35 with the big 3...headers, intake, exhaust sounds AMAZING! can't even describe it!

G35 very well MAY be an option for my next car!
[/b]
i love the g35 its a very nice car.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
you suck steve! Now come to an autocross with me :D

it sounds great. I'm sure you're having a blast with it.

·
Registered
947 Posts
ooooo Sweet music to the ears! Very nice! I would love to pick on of those up sometime in the near future, but I would HAVE to get the turbo kit for it, a Z car w/out turbo just seems wrong IMO....

Awesome sound!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I know you guys are going to accuse me of being biased but I really do like the 6's sound better. It's really intoxicating. That is exactly how I want my car to sound. All in due time:)

BTW, Zs are really slick, I really like that car as well.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you suck steve! Now come to an autocross with me :D

it sounds great. I'm sure you're having a blast with it.
[/b]
Haha you know I'm thinkin about it man. The tires that came on this car absolutely suck so I have been looking for an excuse to burn them off...

ooooo Sweet music to the ears! Very nice! I would love to pick on of those up sometime in the near future, but I would HAVE to get the turbo kit for it, a Z car w/out turbo just seems wrong IMO....

Awesome sound!
[/b]
Oh believe me if I had an extra $10k or so laying around I would be getting a twin turbo setup installed, as well as some wider wheels (Volks, of course) the fit the wider, stickier rubber that I would need to keep 400+ WHP on the ground. Maybe when my warranty runs out and I hit the lottery...

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the 6 seems a bit more raw, the Z a bit more smooth. i wouldn't give an edge to either in terms of sound.

but negative points for the VQ wishing it sounded like a corvette...
[/b]
Yeah I also noticed that the 6 sounded a lot more throaty once I listened to the clips back to back. I really liked how the 6 sounded with that setup....but to me the Z sounds more aggressive and more refined at the same time.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Nice...both sound great & I'll give the nod to the Z (love the VQ...wish my '02 Pathfinder had sounded anywhere close to that)...but I was very impressed with the 6's sound.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts