Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everybody.
I am Eugene from Singapore and in June 2010, I got my MPS 6.
I believe that MPS is for UK, Australia & Asian market while Mazdaspeed is for USA.

I need some help and hope that you guys may give me some advice.
Firstly, I require the original Gear Knob for the car.
Part number given by Mazda's Parts (Singapore) is GP9A-46-030B.
It is the same as Mazdaspeed 3.

Secondly it is about bolt on turbos.
Read alot on direct bolt on turbo and is this the one I should be getting?

GT3071R Turbo assembly with internal wastegate (Not Kit). Garrett GT3071R turbo with ATP proprietary exhaust housing and internal wastegate all ready to bolt up to Mazdaspeed6 exhaust manifold. Includes all coolant and oil connections to connect turbo to factory lines. Turbo as assembled has industry standard 3" V-Band outlet. Turbo is efficient up to 22 psi on the MS6 2.3L turbo engine and can produce 450 crank HP as configured with supporting mods and proper tuning. Does not include 3" inlet pipe and 3" downpipe necessary to complete a "kit" and is recommended for shop use only. The GT3071R is absolutely the best spooling turbo on the market capable of making 450HP. Highly recommended for a very broad powerband with a lot of "area under the curve".
Link: http://www.turbopacs.com/6-MPS-Roller-b ... eplacement)-_qp_227.html
Other: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/intake-e ... -bolt.html

My current ride is stock. I believe that factory ECU is able to support this direct bolt on and what other things to do upon getting this. Do I need a boost controller? Do I need to dyno/tune the car??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Before when I first got it.
Only add the rear bumper stickers onto it.

Current, change the looks to more mature & sleeper looks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
welcome

damn...it came with those bronze wheels?

and i think the new wheels actually make it more flashy than the bronze ones did.
The bronze wheels & new wheels are both made in Taiwan.
I hit a stone which is about 20cm (8") X 17cm (7") X 10cm (4") and it weights a ton.
Destroyed my rims, my old tires and also drive shaft, engine mounts (cannot be verified as I believe the Authorised Mazda Workshop pulled a fast one on me).
My accident with the stone is during 1st July exactly 1 month after collection of my car from the previous owner.
I travelled at about 40km/hr (which is 24miles per hour) behind a car filtering into the expressways. I believe due to the heavy rain, the stone got wash off to the road and after the first car bypass it, I have no time to react.
Anyway, the incident let me understand more about the car and all 4 tires need to be the same as due to cost cutting measures, I only changed 2 front tires. But the car virbates in slow speed and only after checking the manual, it quoted all 4 tires need to be the same.
Even authorised WS in Singapore and the owner is driving this MPS do not know of such simply troubleshooting....
Well, I am in Singapore with no really good WS like what other places especially in Europe & USA...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
welcome

damn...it came with those bronze wheels?

and i think the new wheels actually make it more flashy than the bronze ones did.
When I first got the car, I dont even know how to use it.
Until someone told me to turn on the headlights and spray then I know how it works. Alot of jay walkers in Singapore take their own sweet time to cross the roads even at a controlled junction. These people are still slowly walking across the junction when the red man is on....
Well.... If that you visit any Asia country you will understand it...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts