Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was launching around 3K as any higher and it would spin through 1st gear. Temps were in the high 30's/low 40's at the track tonight and as usual track prep was terrible. I'm pretty happy as that's .2 faster and much more consistant times for me tonight (14.3 to 14.6) instead of my previous outing with many poor and failed launches/shifts.

If you haven't adjusted your clutch yet, DO IT NOW!

Beat a Mustang, SRT-4 and got whooped by a 12 second Fbody and an SRT-8 that braked hard as he didn't have his helmet.

ATP turbo kit and Xede should have allowed me to beat all comers tonight.
:D

Here's the slip breakdown (2 best):
1st 2nd
60' 1.989 1.946
1/4 14.359 14.316
MPH 97.476 97.259

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Thats great that your getting it sorted out and seeing improvments.
Any tips for the clutch adjustment that aren't in the thread? Where did you set it?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I was launching around 3K as any higher and it would spin through 1st gear. Temps were in the high 30's/low 40's at the track tonight and as usual track prep was terrible. I'm pretty happy as that's .2 faster and much more consistant times for me tonight (14.3 to 14.6) instead of my previous outing with many poor and failed launches/shifts.

If you haven't adjusted your clutch yet, DO IT NOW!

Beat a Mustang, SRT-4 and got whooped by a 12 second Fbody and an SRT-8 that braked hard as he didn't have his helmet.

ATP turbo kit and Xede should have allowed me to beat all comers tonight.
:D

Here's the slip breakdown (2 best):
1st 2nd
60' 1.989 1.946
1/4 14.359 14.316
MPH 97.476 97.259
[/b]

i'm sorry but what was wrong with your clutch that you needed to adjust it? i have been having a problem with getting third gear. I can get a great launch, with a 1.912 60 foot but everytime i get to third it seems like it locks me out. Will adjusting the clutch help with this time. I believe i will be in the 13sec club once i get that done!!!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm sorry but what was wrong with your clutch that you needed to adjust it? i have been having a problem with getting third gear. I can get a great launch, with a 1.912 60 foot but everytime i get to third it seems like it locks me out. Will adjusting the clutch help with this time. I believe i will be in the 13sec club once i get that done!!!
[/b]
It did help my 2/3 shift and I have also been making sure that I do a right angle shift OTHERWISE sometimes it would go back into 1st!!!

·
Registered
829 Posts
[/b]
I've had that problem too, but adjusting the clutch doesn't help that. Some people have reported a similar problem with 2nd.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats great that your getting it sorted out and seeing improvments.
Any tips for the clutch adjustment that aren't in the thread? Where did you set it?
[/b]
I merely backed out the stop bolt all the way, loosed the stop nut on the engagement bolt and then adjusted it so there was just a hair of play between rod and firewall "stop/actuator" when the pedal was even with the brake pedal and then adjusted stop bolt to hold the pedal there. Locked down the lock nuts and drove it. Took about 5/10 minutes.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
It did help my 2/3 shift and I have also been making sure that I do a right angle shift OTHERWISE sometimes it would go back into 1st!!!
[/b]
This is EXACTLY what happens to me!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts