Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Rally Racer
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone. I recently started a conversation about the possibility of having a new badge that could be awarded to certain individuals for exceptional acts of mechanical valor. As many of you know (for various reasons) the 1st generation cars are becoming increasingly rare. While there are still plenty on the road, but if my local salvage yard is any indicator, they are dying quick. For those of you with the v6 it is usually a catalyst/oil thing. for all others including the v6, more time on the road means move exposure for collision.
The conversation was started here but @hurddawgs personal build page was not entirely appropriate so at the suggestion of @Byakuya I started this thread.
I am asking anyone interested to please put your ideas forward and when we hit a critical mass it will be poll time. Some ideas were "Saved a 1st Gen", "1st Gen Reviver" "Saving a 1st Gen" and so on.

Two things:
1. What should it say?
2. What color should it be?

If you are not sure what I am talking about below are some examples.

No Longer Used:

<--huh?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Great idea @DrFeelGood you definitely deserve one as well as quite a few other 1st geners.

I like “Saved A 1st Gen” , and I think it should be some kind of blue, but I may be a little biased as far as color goes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
As an idea maybe it could have a silhouette of a 1st gen in the background?

·
Registered
603 Posts

YES!! I second this idea. It definitely needs that.

·
Rally Racer
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Byakuya uses an already existent template and (I am assuming) just adds text and changes color. A picture may be challenging.
This is my fast photoshop job...it may be biased a bit.

How about what its going to say?
And the color?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
Just chiming in here quickly - I've no issue with shopping something with images or w/e, as I'm fairly proficient with PhotoShop and have been using it for over a decade. That template is incredibly easy to play around with colors/images/etc, so just let me know and I'll whip stuff up as time allows.

That being said, my only caveat is that we try to keep the badges in the same template/shape/style idea. When I originally revamped all the badges (why that weird super moderator and 6otm don't exist anymore), I tried to keep everything with the same theme and layout so the site remains more professional looking. :)

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Other suggestions for it the badge names...

1G Saver / Saved
1G Rescued
1G 6 Saved/Saver
1G 6 Saved from the crusher/wrecker

or kinda like the 6otm.....

..1G6S or 1G6R

As far as layout of the badge maybe something like this...

1G....
..............Saved

So the "6" would be the stylized number 6 like in the 6otm. Without the periods ;)

·
Registered
603 Posts
I like this one the best, I like that its not just a plain background

Attachments

·
Registered
603 Posts
My thinking they would be color tinted versions of what are posted now. I completely agree with the standardized format. I can't recreate the texture that easily so I just did these as mock-ups.

Thanks for clarifying, in that case my vote is torn between that one and the orange one...

·
Registered
109 Posts
@Byakuya uses an already existent template and (I am assuming) just adds text and changes color. A picture may be challenging.
This is my fast photoshop job...it may be biased a bit.

How about what its going to say?
And the color?
I'm really not sure how I missed this thread, especially having been in on the ground floor when the subject initially came up! I'm partial to 'Saved a 1st Gen' with the lighter blue so it's not too similar to the current Moderator badge.

And of course, it really does need to have a wagon silhouette....

·
Registered
17 Posts
My two cents even though I'll probably more likely kill than save my 1st gen.

A reddish-orange would be good and match the interior lighting accents that at least my '04 sport sedan has stock (I assume all 1st gens have it). If a darker color is chosen the silhouette should be a bit more pronounced so it isn't lost.

This seems like a good chance to ask what the 6 OTM badge means.

·
Registered
109 Posts
6OTM is the 6 Of The Month. Each month owners submit a photograph of their 6 and the members vote on which will become the 6OTM.

·
Rally Racer
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So, Stephen whipped up a few badges for us and here they are. tell me what you think and if we should ask him to change colors.
I thought maybe having a badge with a white background would be cool (I could be biased here). I also like the orange but really any color as long as it doesn't coincide with a badge already in use would be great.

·
Registered
603 Posts
So, Stephen whipped up a few badges for us and here they are. tell me what you think and if we should ask him to change colors.
I thought maybe having a badge with a white background would be cool (I could be biased here). I also like the orange but really any color as long as it doesn't coincide with a badge already in use would be great.

I like either of the first 2 options

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm pretty new here so don't know if my opinion matters much, but I'm in the process of saving my First Gen! I also like the first 2 options and I'm partial to the blue one the most.

Now how do I go about earning this badge?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
About this Discussion
37 Replies
10 Participants
Byakuya
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing