1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look Out Mazda6
Dodge's new Avenger is gunning for the sporty sedan market

AutoWeek | Published 09/20/06, 11:40 am et

Dodge will unveil a prototype for its new Avenger, a sporty sedan targeted at buyers of the Alfa Romeo 159 in Europe and the Mazda6 here in the States. Dodge hopes customers will notice that the Avenger continues the bold, muscular design theme seen on the Dodge Caliber, which went on sale in Europe this summer and already has a six-month waiting period in some markets.

Dodge says the Avenger is only a concept, but our sources say sales of the car likely will start next summer globally. The sedan will be offered with 2.0-, 2.4- and 2.7-liter engines. A 2.0-liter turbodiesel for Europe will come from Volkswagen.

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...E/60920003/1058

·
Registered
947 Posts
It looks like something squashed a Caliber...

Just sad...

I wouldn't even put it in the same catagory as the 6... But time will tell I guess...

If it is based off the Caliber, then it's going to be crap, cheap int, slow and faulty parts...

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Sadly this car will probably be way faster than anything the 6 offers now...
and It looks pretty off the chain, I like it.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Sadly this car will probably be way faster than anything the 6 offers now...
[/b]
How? they said that they were making a 2.0, 2.4, and maybe a 2.7...

I would say that they should be faster then a 6i, but not a 6s or a Speed3/6 (of course)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Whats up with dodge and ugly cars lately?

:barf:
[/b]
i agree the design of dodge is going downhill real quick

·
Registered
168 Posts
come on, you guys are missing it, they took the front end from the caliber and squashed it, (also kinda looks it a bit Mitsu Evo if you ask me), then they took the back half from the charger and squashed it too. So who's betting on the interior behing a mesh of the caliber and charger also? Sorry dodge, I don't think I'll be buying one of your products ever.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
They said it was turbo Diesel.....maybe I'm mistaken..It won't be turbo charged?

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
That's not how it's going to look.....u fool

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,533 Posts
Another article:
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=116865

Once again, another pathetic attempt at styling from the Dodge division. :barf:

Let's see, the Avenger may be out by next summer... By then, the '08 6 should be VERY close to market if it isn't already. Most likely with better materials, fit-and-finish, and performance than the Avenger could even dream about. There's even rumors of it getting a 3.5 L V6 with 250 HP, but if the '08 6 gets the new 3.5L? Game over.

The whole "machismo" styling got old when the Durango came to market, yet Dodge continues to recycle it. The Calibur is a joke, the Magnum isn't better AT ALL, and don't get me going about the Charger.

Each new product only reinforces my goal of NEVER buying a Dodge. Ever. :thumbdn:

·
Registered
1,197 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I loved to look of the 90s Avenger...engine was lame and the ATX only was lame but the exterior I liked...this one looks like butt...

·
Registered
531 Posts
Yikes!!! :shocked: :barf: I don't think the Mazda 6 or the Camry has anything to worry about. The older avenger looked better and that was plain. Looks like all their vehicles are gonna sport that ugly grill.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
IS it that thing that resembles an SUV? (the pics on the link didn't work for me).. If that is it. The 6 has nothing to worry about, lokos wise anyways. I'm sure it will out perform the 6 in performance though.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I don't know what's wrong with Dodge lately, but they need to get their acts together. Dodge is acting like a kid starved for attention that went out and got 17 facial piercings, a tattoo of Rosie O'Donnell on his tongue and a spider monkey surgically grafted onto his shoulder.

Shame on you Dodge. Shame on you.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I like the Avenger posted in the first post. My 2nd car was a black 97 Avenger ES. It was a great car. I got rid of it because it was terribly slow though. It looked great, was extremely comfortable, and ran fine..but man...for a V-6, it had no power whatsoever.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts