Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I am a happy owner of a new 2007 6s mtx. It is a Tungsten Sport Value Edition. I am loving the car and am glad I did not get the volks GTI or the mazda 3 hatch. This is the first car I am paying for completely (I am 23 yrs old). Anyone in the WA area? I drove an i4 1999 accord before this so the power difference blew me away. Stick is fun. I have a couple questions:

1) The manual mentions mp3 playback. I could not get it to work. I put a cd with mp3s in, and it stayed on one track and played no sound. Does that mean I do not have it? I have the 6-disc changer
2) I really like fog lights. Does anyone know the best manufacturer/method to install them?
3) Will getting a RB rear sway bear affect snow driving performance in a negative way?

and finally...show or go? :drive:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hello and welcome to mazda6club. The regular cd player won't play mp3s. There is a Mp3 option but it doesn't sound like you have it. Post some pics of your car.

Oh yeah, what year GTI were you looking at?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello and welcome to mazda6club. The regular cd player won't play mp3s. There is a Mp3 option but it doesn't sound like you have it. Post some pics of your car.

Oh yeah, what year GTI were you looking at?
[/b]
Thanks for the quick reply! I promise I will post some pics of my car as soon as the snow melts, as it looks like a marshmallow. I was looking at the 2007 GTI. I did not like its appearance in person. The 6 seemed sleeker and of higher quality (and cheaper).

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Welcome to the club! You've got a great car with plenty of mod options so watch your wallet. :D
There's lots of advice and opinions here. You can get some answers to your questions by trying the search function of the site. It's helpful and can get you out of trouble.

Enjoy!!!! :drive:

·
Registered
88 Posts
1) The manual mentions mp3 playback. I could not get it to work. I put a cd with mp3s in, and it stayed on one track and played no sound. Does that mean I do not have it? I have the 6-disc changer
[/b]
My dealer told me I didn't have MP3 playback when I asked but the manual makes it sound like they're all set up for it. Mine did the same thing when I put a CD in so I guess this is a rare case of the dealer getting it right over the documentation. My wife's Commander has MP3 playback and it is so sweet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My dealer told me I didn't have MP3 playback when I asked but the manual makes it sound like they're all set up for it. Mine did the same thing when I put a CD in so I guess this is a rare case of the dealer getting it right over the documentation. My wife's Commander has MP3 playback and it is so sweet.
[/b]
Yah, it was kind of misleading reading the manual and finding out that the manual forgot "optional." I was however pleasantly surprised. After two weeks of driving my car, I realized the sport value came with a 6-disc cd changer when I had been treating it like a single cd deck. Now if only I could "stumble" upon an aux input for my ipod. I know the question to install one has been answered tons of times but the procedure looks intimidating.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts