Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone..

I just bought a 2005 Mazda 6 last week and saw a Mazda6Club decal on someones car on Cardomain
and thought I would come check it out...

It's a 2005 Mazda 6 with the 3.0 and 5-speed..

It already has a hood, 20" wheels, exhaust, CAI, a Zex kit, all the gauges, etc..

Anyway.. here's a few pics :)

·
Registered
978 Posts
wow...for a newbie, you've got a pretty long list of mods! did the leather seat covers come with the car also? and the exhaust? regardless, looks good! welcome to the boards and congrats on the new car! if you bought the car that way, a line from Saving Private Ryan comes to mind..."Earn it!" lol

·
Registered
126 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new car. Geez, that thing looks nice as h4ll. Great purchase! I like it

·
Registered
901 Posts
2 peices of advice:

Get rid of the 20s. They dont have a good load rating for the 6. And they look out of place.

Dont ever use the nitrous....The 3.0 DOES NOT like nitrous. Many people have blown thier 3.0s by using nitrous.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2 peices of advice:

Get rid of the 20s. They dont have a good load rating for the 6. And they look out of place.

Dont ever use the nitrous....The 3.0 DOES NOT like nitrous. Many people have blown thier 3.0s by using nitrous.
[/b]
The N2O is already taken off.. I am using the bottle in my Nova ;)

The 20s have a higher load rating than the 17s

·
Registered
901 Posts
The N2O is already taken off.. I am using the bottle in my Nova ;)

The 20s have a higher load rating than the 17s

[/b]

Read the thread about 20s in the wheel/tire section. 20s are not safe for the 6. Oh and that exhaust is fugly. But thats just my opinion. Welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Read the thread about 20s in the wheel/tire section. 20s are not safe for the 6. Oh and that exhaust is fugly. But thats just my opinion. Welcome to the forums.
[/b]
I bought it, I didn't build it. There are some things I would have done different, but I figure it's a good start..

I went through that whole post on 20s and all I cam up with was load rating stuff.....

You might want to park your car now if that's what you were talking about... :nono:
My wheel rating is more than my tire rating, and my tire rating is more than your tire rating..
so I guess my 20s are safer than your 18s... :drive:
Kumho 711's in your size show a load rating of 88 and that is lower than the load rating of 90 on my tire..
Yours are also W speed rated and mine are ZR rated.... ;)

You might want to also check the Load ratings of the DrifZ wheels you are using too...

This is from the 20" wheel thread...
A 6i weighs about 3050lbs with my MS6 weighing in at 3600lbs. So on my heavier MS6 that leaves 1340 lbs for passengers and cargo.

Four extremely large 250lb adults would still leave you with room for 140lbs of cargo in the trunk or an average female passenger in the middle rear seat. Realistically speaking I only weigh 170lbs which leaves me 1170lbs for cargo and passengers. Remember, you have an additional 200-300lbs of load capacity if you're driving a non-turbo 4cyl or V6.

Plus, tire manufacturers conservatively buffer the load rating on a tire for safety reasons so they can actually handle more than they are rated for.[/b]
My tires have a load rating of 1323x4=5292
and the wheels 1530x4=6120

Look sto me like I can carry a LOT of luggage before I need to worry about load rating in a 3100lb car..

This is from the manufacturers website...
Like I said the 20s have a higher load rating than the 17s
and I bet you never would have said a word if I had 17s on here... <_<

·
Registered
459 Posts
I bought it, I didn't build it. There are some things I would have done different, but I figure it's a good start..

I went through that whole post on 20s and all I cam up with was load rating stuff.....

You might want to park your car now if that's what you were talking about... :nono:
My wheel rating is more than my tire rating, and my tire rating is more than your tire rating..
so I guess my 20s are safer than your 18s... :drive:
Kumho 711's in your size show a load rating of 88 and that is lower than the load rating of 90 on my tire..
Yours are also W speed rated and mine are ZR rated.... ;)

You might want to also check the Load ratings of the DrifZ wheels you are using too...

This is from the 20" wheel thread...
My tires have a load rating of 1323x4=5292
and the wheels 1530x4=6120

Look sto me like I can carry a LOT of luggage before I need to worry about load rating in a 3100lb car..

This is from the manufacturers website...
Like I said the 20s have a higher load rating than the 17s
and I bet you never would have said a word if I had 17s on here... <_<

[/b]
Good searching man. Not too many people take the time to do it correctly. I like the ride all the way around. I wouldnt go with 20"s but they dont really look that bad. Load rating isnt really that big of a deal as long as you have the right tire. On the performance side of it you could lose quite a bit from having the 20"s. Nice start though hope to see more done in the future.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Actually the 6 swallows up the 20"s quite nice. Hows the ride and any rub?
I saw a speed6 yesterday at the steelership while waiting for my car in the service dept and it had the stock 18" tires on some fugly ass aftermarkey chrome rims. and it seemed that even with the 18"s there's too much gap. All the more reason for me to buy some springs sooner rather than later for my 6s.
As for the exhaust how does it sound? like a ricer?

And congrats on finding a nice ride.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys..

The wheels were on the car when I bought it so I have nothing to really compare it to in a 6
With the 20s and Eibach springs it rides better than my 03 Mustang with a 1.5" drop on 315/35/17s

The exhaust actually don't sound bad... The V6 is a lot more mellow and deeper than a I4
so it don't have the normal "import" exhaust sound.. but it still don't sound like a V8
If it had the Hornet in a trash can sound it would be off already :p
(If you want I can get a sound clip for you)

This is my 46th car.. I just had a baby and needed a "Family car" and the 4 doors will make it easier.
With the new baby I wasn't sure how much I would be able to put into mods, so I bought a car that was a good start..
something I could ride in with a bit of style untill I find out how much this kid is going to cost me :hoho:
I still have an older Nova as my "Fast car" ;)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
looks good bro. still deciding whether or not i like the black rims on silver (contemplating it for myself on my 5door; 17s only though :)).

you'll have to post new pics when you get those stripes.

and your 46th car?!? holy shit!

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
46 cars in a lifetime?

I smell bullcrap!!! *clap clap clap clap clap* I smell bullcrap!!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
46 cars in a lifetime?

I smell bullcrap!!! *clap clap clap clap clap* I smell bullcrap!!!
[/b]

Yup... in 18 years
My wife will verify :D

I've got 3 in the past 2 months.. Got a 2003 Mercedes C230 Kompressor.. a 2005 Mazda 6 and a 78 Nova drag car..

Here is the list
*edit* found the missing car.. My 82 Corvette was not on the list.. it was totaled :(

1 1978 Buick Regal Blue
2 1982 Buick Regal Gold
3 1982 Chevy Corvette White
4 1972 Chevy Chevelle Red
5 1973 Chevy Nova Green
6 1978 Chevy Nova Black
7 1970 Chevy Camaro Blue
8 1979 Chevy Camaro Red
9 1995 Chevy Camaro Z28 Red
10 1988 Chevy Cavalier Silver
11 1955 Chevy Pick-Up Orange
12 1972 Chevy Pick-Up Brown/Tan
13 1981 Chevy Pick-Up Brown/Tan
14 1978 Chevy Blazer White
15 1982 Datsun 200SX Silver
16 1971 Dodge Challenger Red
17 1997 Dodge Avenger White
18 1966 Ford Fairlane White
19 1971 Ford 351 Pinto Black
20 1971 Ford Mustang Yellow
21 1984 Ford Mustang Primer Black
22 1986 Ford Mustang Red
23 2003 Ford Mustang GT Blue
24 1968 Ford Bronco White
25 1982 Ford Ranger Blue
26 1996 GMC Sonoma Teal
27 1986 Mazda B2000 Red
28 2005 Mazda 6 Gold
29 2003 Mercedes Benz C230 White
30 1982 Mercury Capri Blue
31 1981 Oldsmobile Omega Tan/Maroon
32 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Blue
33 1984 Oldsmobile Cutlass Brown
34 1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass White
35 1974 Plymouth Roadrunner Orange
36 1969 Pontiac GTO Red
37 1979 Pontiac Trans Am Gold
38 1980 Pontiac Trans Am Primer Gray
39 1981 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am Blue
40 1982 Pontiac Firebird Maroon
41 1987 Pontiac Firebird Red
42 1984 Pontiac Fiero Red
43 1979 Pontiac Grand Prix Black
44 1984 Pontiac Grand Prix Silver
45 1986 Toyota MR2 Red
46 1989 Toyota MR2 White

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
and I am a Master of two different Martial arts...

Bullshido
and lie-fu

Hahaha i'm just jokin around..Welcome to the club, nice car.

·
Registered
405 Posts
hahaha cool, welcome to the boards Blue... I see you are an F-body guy ;) I had an 87' formula with the 350 in it , 10 years back. Fun car.

Nice cars on your list !

as for the 20's... they look nice.

Enjoy the 6!

·
Registered
126 Posts
And I thought that I've been through some cars. lol. I cant even touch you. hahaha. Nice team of cars you had there.

I'm still thinking on what size I'm going to go with. I'm just not sure of this "lowering" thing. I had a 02 Mustang GT that was lowered (got it from the guy like that) and wasnt a really big fan of it cuz it rode like sh#%. And that just didnt sit right with me and future cars of mine being lowered. Also could of been who put them on and what kind they were (I cant remember).

The wheel setup on that 6 is sweet. I love how it looks. Not a fan of how the exhaust looks, but hey, if YOUR happy. I'm happy. Thats all that matters. Have fun with that ride.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts