Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 05 Mazda6s GT. I don't know too much about cars but I absolutely love this car. Any suggestions for making the car even better? I've read so many posts about intakes, wheels etc. Remember I'm not too knowledgeable about cars. I don't even know what an intake is either. I just am wondering what esle I can do to make this car even better. Any suggestions will be appreciated. BTW male in 30s living in the northeast if that helps.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
There are many things to be done. :)

The best thing for you to do is just spend time reading various topics and check out stickies of each section to get an overall understanding what people usually do to their 6.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I just bought an 05 Mazda6s GT. I don't know too much about cars but I absolutely love this car. Any suggestions for making the car even better? I've read so many posts about intakes, wheels etc. Remember I'm not too knowledgeable about cars. I don't even know what an intake is either. I just am wondering what esle I can do to make this car even better. Any suggestions will be appreciated. BTW male in 30s living in the northeast if that helps.
[/b]
Well, it always helps me when I look at pictures. Go to here and look at some things for the Mazda 6, it might help you a bunch too. It doesn't hurt to ask questions as well but to save u the trouble, just so you know, it's best to just jump into any thread and start reading. Ask questions and people will help you out!!!

·
Registered
402 Posts
What exactly do you mean by "making the car even better?" Are you looking into appearance, performance or both?

Where do you want to start first? Do you want it to look good before it sounds/performs better or the other way around?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What exactly do you mean by "making the car even better?" Are you looking into appearance, performance or both?

Where do you want to start first? Do you want it to look good before it sounds/performs better or the other way around?
[/b]
Well I'm pretty satisfied with the way it looks. I got leather interior and a moonroof. The performance is pretty good, but theres always room for improvement. Whats this whole intake thing? Does it really improve the horsepower? Is it pricey? I wanted to put a better alarm and a remote start but won't that cancel out the warranty?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
CAI = Cold Air Itake....you'll see this abbv in many places. There are a number of intakes available for our v6. AEM, Injen, and CPE to name a few.

They all boast of gains, but I'll get to that in a second.

The AEM, and Injen are very likely to throw Check Engine Lights (CELs) without the CPE fix.

The CPE (Custom Performance Engineering) http://www.cp-e.com/ intake boasts of the biggest gains, and comes with the MAFCi box which needs to be attached to the ECU.

If you are worried about warranty's you may be very leary to be playing around with the ECU, however it would be required with the other intakes as well with the CP-E fix.

I myself have the CPE (it costs about $500 USD new), and love it. I have no regrets whatsoever.

People have done many dyno's and comparisons between different brands and the CPE always comes out ahead. It's just made better.

It's an expensive starter mod....but its a great one that ou are sure to be happy with.

Remember we are only talking about 20HP...which is a lot from a simple mod, but keep in mind its not a HOLY CRAP I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS MY CAR WNS THE STREET.

...its a mod that will certainly make you smile, will make you happy with throttle response, and will let you feel it pull a little bit harder.

Its a mod that youll like and be very happy with without dropping a ton of cash for a turbo, or the like.

·
Registered
402 Posts
^^ I second that!

Putting a remote starter... I don't know if you should be doing that... I"m guessing its an ATX(Automatic Transmission)?
If you don't wanna do all that intake replacement first... you can always put in a K&N Air filter just to start out with and remove the resonator... That should make your car "roar" a little better and you might actually feel it... depending on how used to you are to your car...
You pros out there, please correct me if I'm wrong!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts